Just wondering what your thoughts are on the new Antares. (Considering importing one for about $450)

Nice looking reel.

Tim & Matt seem to enjoy using them.

Interesting that it's offered in just the one gear ratio.

For my fishing, the line capacity is fairly restricting for anything over 10 lb nylon.

I suppose I could pitch docks with it, I don't need much line for that.

It'd be a sweet jerkbait reel, but that's where it would end for me.

A-Jay

classic_cylon_by_brucewhite.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, A-Jay said:

Nice looking reel.

Tim & Matt seem to enjoy using them.

Interesting that it's offered in just the one gear ratio.

For my fishing, the line capacity is fairly restricting for anything over 10 lb nylon.

I suppose I could pitch docks with it, I don't need much line for that.

It'd be a sweet jerkbait reel, but that's where it would end for me.

A-Jay

What don't Tim & Matt enjoy using? Haha.. they like everything Shimano. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, punch said:

What don't Tim & Matt enjoy using? Haha.. they like everything Shimano. 

I hear That ~ 

At 6 bones a wack - I'm sure it's awesome; especially when it's probably 'complimentary'.

A-Jay

70 size reel that weighs 7.8oz, holds only 115yards of 20lb braid? For $600? 

When you're sponsored by a company, you're going to say everything they make is awesome.

I'll pass.

Being a long time Antares consumer there is one on the way for 436 shipped, had to have. Digikata has them now for 424 shipped . For starters there are two gear ratio's 6.2 (no longer the 5.6) and 7.4, also see a clicking drag star . Once received it will get a complete tear down to see what really has changed/improved . Antares have always been very smooth reels and having other reels with Silent Tune look forward to see how much smoother it can be......P.S. as this is written the reel sits in the office of outward exchange , should not be to much longer now.

• Like 3

Id assume it has brass gears as its big brother Maico?

27 minutes ago, Frog Turds said:

Id assume it has brass gears as its big brother Maico?

From what I have seen yes it has brass gears.....

3 hours ago, Maico1 said:

Being a long time Antares consumer there is one on the way for 436 shipped, had to have. Digikata has them now for 424 shipped . For starters there are two gear ratio's 6.2 (no longer the 5.6) and 7.4, also see a clicking drag star . Once received it will get a complete tear down to see what really has changed/improved . Antares have always been very smooth reels and having other reels with Silent Tune look forward to see how much smoother it can be......P.S. as this is written the reel sits in the office of outward exchange , should not be to much longer now.

That's a good deal.  I have never order from these guys.  I had heard of them but I feel weird ordering something at that cost from overseas.  It will cool to hear how it performs.

Digitaka is a top notch seller. Often delivered here to the states often faster than ordering from across the country.

I have all the high end Shimanos. Had an Anteras and sold it. Dont like the chrome finish and like the lightest reels I can get. My favorite right now is the Aldebaran and my heavier line is thrown on Mentaniums. Want to pick up the 2019 Steez. 

21 hours ago, TxHawgs said:

I have all the high end Shimanos. Had an Anteras and sold it. Dont like the chrome finish and like the lightest reels I can get. My favorite right now is the Aldebaran and my heavier line is thrown on Mentaniums. Want to pick up the 2019 Steez. 

Same as Keeper (all the DC reels), but my favorite combo is a steez with a kistler (or similar light weight rod like Phenix feather) for throwing baits. Call me a wimp but it feels like I can cast all day without a combo being so heavy. When I pitch or flip I can care less what combo I choose.

I am no longer willing to pay $400 for a reel when I can buy a high end combo for the same price. I don't see an issue with line capacity as I only put 75 yards on my stuff anyhoo and I am really interested in shootout between the Antares 2019 vs. the Curado 150 DC for the price difference.

I might be picking one up when the lefties come out.