Dwbassin

Chatterbait trailers, better luck with craw styles or bigger profile?

Berkley Havoc Pit Boss. In my waters I've caught a lot of 4 and 5 pounders with this combination.

18 hours ago, Team9nine said:

Zoom Horny toad B) Shhh...

Breaking Bream Project Z Chatterbait - with Zoom Horny Toad in Watermelon Craw... (double shhh)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Allaroundfishing said:

I use the Googan baits Krackin craw rigged sideways, grn pumpkin of black and blue with a little dye on the end, it looks insanely close to a small bluegill. most any craw will work but the Krackin craw doesnt over work the bait its a side to side kinda shimmy that works really well.

Been wanting to try there baits, I have so many bags of Pitt bosses and rage craws I need to actually use them. I just found the 4 pack of the glo markers scented garlic too it’s almost like being a kid coloring all your soft plastics lol

2 hours ago, Koz said:

Berkley Havoc Pit Boss. In my waters I've caught a lot of 4 and 5 pounders with this combination.

Best all around soft plastic for me, blue perfection or whatever name the blue and orange caught me my first 5 plus. 

I'm a huge z-man fan. With saying that I been watching Brain Latimer on YouTube and one technique he used was to put a creature bite on sideways, it makes it look like a bigger baitfish then your normal kietech.

12 hours ago, Missouri Rigging said:

I'm a huge z-man fan. With saying that I been watching Brain Latimer on YouTube and one technique he used was to put a creature bite on sideways, it makes it look like a bigger baitfish then your normal kietech.

He has the best personality on your besides glam imo, and I rigged a Christie craw sideways and the is a bit skinny. Rage bug and the likes looks to be money rigged sideways

Zako.  

zakos-group.jpg

• Like 4

I really like the Zako but I also use Keitech.  Got this one last week up here outside Chicago area on a chatterbait with Keitech trailer.

3497A740-D17C-4707-AFAD-64AC008EB847.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 5:45 PM, Catt said:

Lake Fork Tackle Live Magic Shad 😉

X2!

Amazing trailer for Chatterbaits and spinnerbaits. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:45 PM, Catt said:

Lake Fork Tackle Live Magic Shad 😉

Shhhhhhhh!!!😉

• Like 1

I talked to a Strike King pro fisherman this weekend and he mentioned that the Game Hawg was one of his top trailers.  I am going to give them a try this year.

game hawg.jpg

• Thanks 1

Since @roadwarrior first suggested that I  put a Rage Bug on, several years ago, i have not had a reason to change.  Tried a few paddle tails/swimmers, but always went back to Rage Bug.  90% of the time it is white....GP the remaining 10

• Thanks 1

Ultravibe speed craw. Bout the only plastic I use now.

• Thanks 1

I'm just throwing this out there as it's unconventional. I've had good results with a Zako. OK results with a Reaction Innovations Kinky Beaver, Rage Chunk, Rage Baby Menace, and so on. On a whim I cut down a Yum Thump'N Dinger in Junebug to about 4", then put it on a 3/8oz Black/Blue Jackhammer. Bites and catches went up significantly. I only lost two tails due to short strikes. They usually inhaled it. Could've been dumb luck? Who knows? But that combo was my best chatterbait producer last year by a wide margin.

• Thanks 1

#1 for me is the Z-man Razor Shad

#2 is a GYCB single tail grub

Other honorable mentions are GYCB Zako's, D-shads, double tail grubs, and R.I. Twerks.

I am not a fan of paddle tail's on a chatterbait.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:16 PM, Beachpig said:

I really like the Zako but I also use Keitech.  Got this one last week up here outside Chicago area on a chatterbait with Keitech trailer.

3497A740-D17C-4707-AFAD-64AC008EB847.jpeg

Yo where's the open water near Chicago????

I love fishing a chatterbait like a jig. I use big craw and big creature baits as a trailer.  Brush hog has caught me some big big fish. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, FryDog62 said:

Breaking Bream Project Z Chatterbait - with Zoom Horny Toad in Watermelon Craw... (double shhh)

This blows my mind ----

Horny Toad ?????? Could someone take a picture of this cuz I cant even picture that.  Whats more, another reason to a pack of horny toads watermelon craws to cart at TWH. 

Rage Menace - two ways, standard and sideways.

Rage Craws - two ways, standard and sideways.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2019 at 12:17 AM, waymont said:

Yo where's the open water near Chicago????

Hey there.  Braidwood powerplant cooling lake opened March 1st.  Air temp was 32 degrees but water temps were 50-65 already.  LaSalle power plant cooling lake opens today.  Very different lakes the way they are layed out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beachpig said:

Hey there.  Braidwood powerplant cooling lake opened March 1st.  Air temp was 32 degrees but water temps were 50-65 already.  LaSalle power plant cooling lake opens today.  Very different lakes the way they are layed out.  

Cool Thanks.

4-5" Kalin Single Tail Lunker Grub.  D&M packaged some of their original chatterbaits with single tail grubs so it was the first one I used and the one I've had the most success with.  Blue Pearl Salt & Pepper Single Tail on a Sexy Shad pattern chatterbait is an AMAZING combination.

Fluke or swimming Senko.

My vote is for the SK Rage Tail Craw.

20180928_142943ccccccccccccccccc.thumb.jpg.c3ed55be6d8fae901a44cdd2a438cd10.jpg

On 3/7/2019 at 5:13 AM, TOXIC said:

Zako.  

zakos-group.jpg

For something with this fat a belly do you trim the bottom any to thin it up or just roll with it?