Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Always excited to get out on the water. I remember being a little kid and getting my sports uniform and equipment laid out and ready the night before a game. I guess sometimes we just never grow up.

fishing.jpg

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jbsoonerfan said:

Always excited to get out on the water. I remember being a little kid and getting my sports uniform and equipment laid out and ready the night before a game. I guess sometimes we just never grow up.

fishing.jpg

I hope I never grow up.

Good Luck tomorrow.

Pre-spawn Fatties are waiting for you.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm right there with ya! Headin to the Big O on Monday for 2 days then Rayburn at the end of next week! :cheer:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love preparation. Always have. Just like you mentioned laying out your jersey before a big game, or getting your combos and tackle ready to hit the water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I ever lose that excitement then it's time to stop fishing. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, A-Jay said:

I hope I never grow up.

Good Luck tomorrow.

Pre-spawn Fatties are waiting for you.

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

“Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional “

 

@jbsoonerfan Kick Bass 😉

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a child, I’d miss whole nights of sleep in anticipation for a fishing trip. It’s funny to look back on it now. My father had friends who were conservation officers. They would tip him off on the trout stocking schedule. He’d talk about it for days, building up my excitement. I wouldn’t sleep for a few days. Every time I he took me fishing was the best day of my life. Now that I have kids of my own, I like to do the same thing with them. My girls get super excited, but I do! 

 

I was actually up all night last night thinking about where to fish today and what my plan should be, checking topo maps, wind, etc. The anticipation never gets old to me. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting ready is a big part of the fun of fishing. I'm still just as enthusiastic at 61 as I've ever been. Good luck out there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take several fishing trips a year ranging from a few days to a few weeks. I’m a big planner, using checklists and schedules. I pride myself in being prepared for most things that may come up. The only thing I don’t enjoy is organizing which fishing tackle I’m going to take. Im not one of those who takes everything I own on every trip. For example, I’ve got 4 boxes of top waters, but I’m only going to take a few, and I have to decide which are going, and which are not. Same thing with every other style of bait I own. I quickly get bored with having to make so many decisions. It’s the only part of the trip I don’t enjoy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mother Nature won out today. Weatherman said it would be 42 with a light wind this morning. Well, it was 36 with about a 20 mph N wind. We got on the water about 8:20 and my phone said 28 wind chill. We tried to find a point on the N side of the lake out of the wind. We had no such luck so we just fished a point I was familiar with. We threw a jerkbait, jig, underspin, ned rig and a senko. Caught nothing and moved to the other side of the lake to fish some grass I had found last time. We tried a lipless, senko, jig, brush hog and the ned rig again. I could only fish for about 10 min before I would have to stop to warm my hands up. My gloves were not in my bibs (my fault for not checking). The wind picked up and it started to sprinkle so we called it a day. Fishing is fun, but not when you are miserable and the conditions today made it pretty miserable. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting ready never gets old.

Tom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jbsoonerfan said:

Mother Nature won out today. Weatherman said it would be 42 with a light wind this morning. Well, it was 36 with about a 20 mph N wind. We got on the water about 8:20 and my phone said 28 wind chill. We tried to find a point on the N side of the lake out of the wind. We had no such luck so we just fished a point I was familiar with. We threw a jerkbait, jig, underspin, ned rig and a senko. Caught nothing and moved to the other side of the lake to fish some grass I had found last time. We tried a lipless, senko, jig, brush hog and the ned rig again. I could only fish for about 10 min before I would have to stop to warm my hands up. My gloves were not in my bibs (my fault for not checking). The wind picked up and it started to sprinkle so we called it a day. Fishing is fun, but not when you are miserable and the conditions today made it pretty miserable. 

That is fishing. What's cool is, you'll be just as ready for the next trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That feeling the night before a big trip really does never get old. My Dad and I fish and we both concur that sometimes its hard to sleep the night before a big trip, particularly if we are fishing together. I work in the sportfishing industry and I have been telling people for years that sometimes it feels like being a kid on Christmas eve. I think a lot of it has to do with getting up so early just like when we were wee tykes on the 25th of December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the night before going fishing! I’m jsut starting to get the tackle out now, re spooling all my reels and getting ready for ice out up here in western New York! I have another month easily of ice and even then I’m still excited 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Scott F said:

I take several fishing trips a year ranging from a few days to a few weeks. I’m a big planner, using checklists and schedules. I pride myself in being prepared for most things that may come up. The only thing I don’t enjoy is organizing which fishing tackle I’m going to take. Im not one of those who takes everything I own on every trip. For example, I’ve got 4 boxes of top waters, but I’m only going to take a few, and I have to decide which are going, and which are not. Same thing with every other style of bait I own. I quickly get bored with having to make so many decisions. It’s the only part of the trip I don’t enjoy. 

Same here. We've got way too much stuff. I find that the less I have with me the more fish I catch and vice-versa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...