Harold Scoggins

FLW and KBF JOIN FORCES | KAYAK FISHING PRO TOURNAMENTS

Not to stir the pot but there's another perspective that I think has merit.  When you take fishing for fun and make it for sport or for money, the competitive drive will take over and that usually means you need to open your wallet.  If Kayak fishing goes the way of just another tournament trail but with a different type of boat, then all of the same arguments that have been made about fishing the "glitter rocket" trails are valid.  The only difference is what you fish out of.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1jleRJ7GY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOXIC said:

Not to stir the pot but there's another perspective that I think has merit.  When you take fishing for fun and make it for sport or for money, the competitive drive will take over and that usually means you need to open your wallet.  If Kayak fishing goes the way of just another tournament trail but with a different type of boat, then all of the same arguments that have been made about fishing the "glitter rocket" trails are valid.  The only difference is what you fish out of.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1jleRJ7GY

I saw this one too. I don't fish tournaments, so I'll stay out of debates. I started kayak fishing right before there was a KBF, and I remember thinking back then how it could possibly draw more folks onto the water. I kind of miss the times when you were lucky to see a couple more yaks on the water and when a couple of yak anglers got together they talked about PVC, DIY, etc.

I'm extremely excited for this.  This is major news for those of us that fish kayak tourneys.  It's going to create a lot more opportunities for more people.

I myself think it’s great. There’s still the option of doing just small local trails like the one I help run(NYKBF) and keeping the sport within budget that drew most of us to kayaking in the first place. 

What is getting on my nerves or under my skin is all these people on Facebook saying they are pro now and making the pro kbf placard logo their profile pic and a big long post about being “pro”. Sorry no your not a pro you just bought the name to pay more for all your KBF events.  

• Like 1

Im pretty new to KBF and have only been fishing from a kayak a few years.  Kinda wondered why they didnt pair with MLF (maybe because they are so new and not interested in diversifying yet).  The whole catch and release theme seems like it would have applied better.  

1 hour ago, JeepFisher said:

Im pretty new to KBF and have only been fishing from a kayak a few years.  Kinda wondered why they didnt pair with MLF (maybe because they are so new and not interested in diversifying yet).  The whole catch and release theme seems like it would have applied better.  

Maybe they looked into and MLF wasn't interested.  I'm not sure.