SV spool.  No apparent external mag adjustment.   

Find out Wednesday.

2 more days to go. :)

US release of the new Steez CT 70.  Yes it is real.  It has a 30 millimeter diameter spool and the mag dial in on the bottom of the palming plate.  It is a smaller more finesse version of the Steez TW SV.  

20190222_2f1a03.jpg

20190222_229ee1.jpg

• Like 5

That thing is pretty sweet. Hopefully it forces Shimanos hand to make a 70 Curado MGL.

Does anyone have a guess of what the price range will be? I really want a Daiwa with a SV reel. 

There is also an Alphas with the same 30 millimeter spool and spacers to adapt to the smaller spool.  No plans on a US release on this one but it is a cheaper way to get your hands on that 30 mil spool in a proven and well liked platform.  Early adopters of both reels really like the new spool.  It starts up fast and casts effortlessly from what I hear.  

alphasctsv_70shl.jpg

Current Steez along side the Steez CT 70 thanks to an early adopter over at the TT forums.  It really is more compact than the Steez.  No idea if Daiwa plans on keeping the regular Steez and this new Steez CT 70 or if it is going to replace the regular Steez.  It would make sense to keep both and have the CT 70 be the Aldebaran competitor.  A modern Pixy TW SV if you will.

20190304-154224.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BaitFinesse said:

US release of the new Steez CT 70.  Yes it is real.  It has a 30 millimeter diameter spool and the mag dial in on the bottom of the palming plate.  It is a smaller more finesse version of the Steez TW SV.  

20190222_2f1a03.jpg

20190222_229ee1.jpg

I just purchased the Steez SV TW and it is really small.  I don't see why they would make one any smaller.

I know what I'll be asking for my B-day in July! 

I was ready to hate the Steez CT due to them not using a "normal" 31mm spool, but that thing is too tiny to stay mad at.  I am going to get once once prices stabilize.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, microotter said:

Does anyone have a guess of what the price range will be? I really want a Daiwa with a SV reel. 

With the name Steez on it price will be on the high end.  Best bet is to look for a Tatula SV on sale or else haunt the used markets.

5 minutes ago, new2BC4bass said:

With the name Steez on it price will be on the high end.  Best bet is to look for a Tatula SV on sale or else haunt the used markets.

I definitely misread the new reel as a Tatula. I am not up to date on baitcasters haha. Probably going to be higher than what I am looking for. 

1 hour ago, microotter said:

They are already available for JDM retailers that can keep them in stock. 460$. SV isn't a reel. It's braking technology found on spools. 

1 hour ago, BaitFinesse said:

There is also an Alphas with the same 30 millimeter spool and spacers to adapt to the smaller spool.  No plans on a US release on this one but it is a cheaper way to get your hands on that 30 mil spool in a proven and well liked platform.  Early adopters of both reels really like the new spool.  It starts up fast and casts effortlessly from what I hear.  

alphasctsv_70shl.jpg

My alphas CTSV will be here this week. Digitaka has good prices on them. 

• Like 2

Oops, I meant to type spool which sounds like isn’t correct either. I don’t know how to read or proofread today. 

9 minutes ago, iabass8 said:

They are already available for JDM retailers that can keep them in stock. 460$. SV isn't a reel. It's braking technology found on spools. 

My alphas CTSV will be here this week. Digitaka has good prices on them. 

I value your opinion on braking profile.  Let us know how this new spool stacks up.

• Like 1

Holy smokes that's a sexy reel! Gonna be way out of my price range, but I can admire from afar. Look forward to see members here post their pics.

Hoping they come out with a SV Tatula 100.

$699!!!! I think I'd rather get a new trolling motor...

• Like 3

For me $699 is a ridiculous. Not a lot of people willing to pay that for a reel. I own a Steez sv tw and it’s not even worth its retail price tag imo. Luckily, I’m not one to ever pay retail and for what I paid... it is worth it to me.  I know a few people who already have both reels. Reports are good on the steez but I don’t see it being a mind blower.  I’m more excited about the Alphas. I like the little details on it. Ported driveshaft and the use of a handle bolt, were nice touches. 

3D584B21-E091-40E4-8B6A-71A78CE40CFA.jpeg

• Like 4

I have a big soft spot for Alphas.  I am going to have to pick that one up.  For those looking to get the new Steez CT 70, get it from Japan.  They're much cheaper over there.  Guys have got then for as little $485 shipped.  While that is still quite expensive it is far better than the TW $699 price.

• Like 1

My Alphas CTSV came in today from Digitaka. That 30mm spool is CRAZY small but it does hold more line than I anticipated..which is good. It's a pretty fast spool too but I only have yard time /w it at the moment. So far I really like it. Very smooth reel. 80mm handle gots to go...

That USDM price tag for the steez is a joke. It's 250$+ cheaper on the JDM sites...

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 6:39 PM, jbsoonerfan said:

That thing is pretty sweet. Hopefully it forces Shimanos hand to make a 70 Curado MGL.

Curado 70 - Magnesium Frame and side plate, Xship, MGL spool, extra support bearing in the drive shaft, and brass gears.  If the reel cost $500 I'd buy six.

1 hour ago, offsidewing said:

Curado 70 - Magnesium Frame and side plate, Xship, MGL spool, extra support bearing in the drive shaft, and brass gears.  If the reel cost $500 I'd buy six.

Why not just get a met mgl and do the curado k main gear swap?  Magnesium frame, mgl spool and brass micro models gears.

6 hours ago, BaitFinesse said:

Why not just get a met mgl and do the curado k main gear swap?  Magnesium frame, mgl spool and brass micro models gears.

I have done exactly that, but it is not a modern incarnate of the Core 50.  The Curado 70 palms much better.