Jump to content
Bassfisherman05081986

What lures can I throw on this setup?

Recommended Posts

Hi guys I just got a new baitcaster for my birthday and it is the Daiwa Tatula Sv Tw in 7:3:1 paired up with St Croix Mojo Bass 7'1" Medium Heavy Fast. I am just wondering what would be great lures to cast with this reel? I know the spool doesn't hold much line but right now I have 30lb Suffix 832 braid on it. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally anything under an once. That's a sweet new setup you have there. Get out there and rip some lips with it!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jigs, worms and frogging should do well on it. Nice setup. I use the Mojo Bass 6'8 MH/F for those, and will try braid on it this season, and plan to use it mostly for deep worms and bottom contact jigs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks fellows. Ok I will throw Jigs, Worms and Frogs on that setup. 

 

I also just purchase myself a couple more setups

 

6'10 Medium Moderate Action St Croix Mojo Bass. It's a Cranking rod paired with a Daiwa Tatula Ct 5:3:1 12lb Fluoro. My question is would that be a good ratio for Shallow and Medium diver sqaurebill crankbaits or just deep divers and big swim baits

 

6'8 Medium Xtra Fast Action St Croix Mojo Bass. It's obviously a Topwater rod paired up with a Daiwa Fuego Ct 6:3:1 12lb Mono. My last question for this one would be what topwater could I throw on here like in ounces? Could I throw like the Whopper Plopper 90 and 130 on it. How about the Heddon spooks in 1/2 oz or 1 oz or the Jitterbugs and Buzzbaits

 

Thanks everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concur, great all around rod.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bassfisherman05081986 said:

 

6'10 Medium Moderate Action St Croix Mojo Bass. It's a Cranking rod paired with a Daiwa Tatula Ct 5:3:1 12lb Fluoro. My question is would that be a good ratio for Shallow and Medium diver sqaurebill crankbaits or just deep divers and big swim baits

 

It depends on who you ask, but that sounds like a good ratio for squarebills, and deeper cranks, as well as medium swimbaits.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great do all set up.  About the only thing, I might shy away from would be crankbaits, especially small ones, but I am sure you could use it for whatever. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can fish all kinds of baits with this set up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 10:01 AM, Bassfisherman05081986 said:

Thanks fellows. Ok I will throw Jigs, Worms and Frogs on that setup. 

 

I also just purchase myself a couple more setups

 

6'10 Medium Moderate Action St Croix Mojo Bass. It's a Cranking rod paired with a Daiwa Tatula Ct 5:3:1 12lb Fluoro. My question is would that be a good ratio for Shallow and Medium diver sqaurebill crankbaits or just deep divers and big swim baits

 

6'8 Medium Xtra Fast Action St Croix Mojo Bass. It's obviously a Topwater rod paired up with a Daiwa Fuego Ct 6:3:1 12lb Mono. My last question for this one would be what topwater could I throw on here like in ounces? Could I throw like the Whopper Plopper 90 and 130 on it. How about the Heddon spooks in 1/2 oz or 1 oz or the Jitterbugs and Buzzbaits

 

Thanks everyone 

I'd put a 6 speed on the cranking rod no question.

 

As for the medium power rod, I'd definitely not sling a Whopper 130 on it.  90 would be fine.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LionHeart said:

As for the medium power rod, I'd definitely not sling a Whopper 130 on it.  90 would be fine.

Ya - the Mojo Bass 6'8 MXF is only rated to 5/8 oz and the Plopper 130 is 1 & 3/8 oz - over twice the rod's rating. I'd get something heavier to toss one of those.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for the input. Yeah I would throw a 90 whopper plopper on the 6'8 MXF. I wanna get a St croix heavy rod for throwing the 130s on and also lures like frogs and such 

 

Here is my rod arsenal I have so far with what lures to throw on which setup. If I need to switch any lures to a different setup or use a different line or lb test please let me know. Thanks.

 

-St Croix Mojo Bass 7'1 Medium Heavy Fast Casting Rod/Jigs And Baits
-Daiwa Tatula Sv Tw 7:3:1 Right Handed Reel
-30lb Test Suffix 832 Braid Main Line
-15lb Test Fluoro Leader

Lures For This Setup:
*Flipping/Casting Jigs-15lb Test Fluoro Leader
*Football Jigs-12lb Test Fluoro Leader
*Texas Rigs-12lb Test Fluoro Leader
*Carolina Rigs-15lb Test Fluoro Leader
*Small Swimbaits-12lb Test Fluoro Leader
*Buzzbaits-30lb Test Braid Main Line
----------------------------------------------------------------------
-St Croix Mojo Bass 6'10 Medium Moderate Casting Glass Rod/Target Cranker
-Daiwa Fuego Ct 6:3:1 Right Handed Reel
-12lb Test Fluorocarbon Main Line

Lures For This Setup:
*Shallow Squarebills
*Medium Squarebills
*Lipless Crankbaits
----------------------------------------------------------------------
-St Croix Mojo Bass 6'8 Medium Xtra Fast Casting Rod/Topwater
-Daiwa Tatula Ct 6:3:1 Right Handed Reel
-12lb Test Monofilament Main Line

Lures For This Setup:
*Medium Poppers
*Medium Chuggers
*Medium Walkers
*Medium Wakebaits
*Shallow/Medium Jerkbaits
*Deep Jerkbaits
----------------------------------------------------------------------
-St Croix Mojo Bass 7' Medium Heavy Moderate Fast Casting Rod/Spinnerbait
-Daiwa Tatula Type R 6:3:1 Right Handed Reel
-17lb Test Fluorocarbon Main Line

Lures For This Setup:
*Spinnerbaits
*Chatterbaits
*Swim Jigs
----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This is all I have so far. Medium for Topwaters means lures that about 1/2 oz or a little over that.

 

Later I wanna get about two more setups for throwing deep Crankbaits as well and spinner reel for Finesse fishing






 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×