Jump to content
EGbassing

Best fishing kayak paddle under $100

Recommended Posts

Looking to buy a fishing kayak in the future but I don't know anything about paddles. What's the best one I can get under $100, but preferably under $75?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You won’t get a bent paddle for that. 

 

Dont skimp on your paddle, though. Slumping on the paddle for a kayak is like buying $50 tires for your truck. Take it from me, I paddle a barge of a kayak and I wish I would’ve spent more on my paddle. I’m upgrading asap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Smalls said:

You won’t get a bent paddle for that. 

 

Dont skimp on your paddle, though. Slumping on the paddle for a kayak is like buying $50 tires for your truck. Take it from me, I paddle a barge of a kayak and I wish I would’ve spent more on my paddle. I’m upgrading asap. 

Surely a $100 paddle is sufficient though. After all, it's a piece of metal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are young, then a metal paddle may not matter :) 

 

In my late 30s/early 40s I used an aluminum paddle, but

upgrading to a carbon paddle was a wake-up call and SO

much easier on my arms.

 

You can snag a fiberglass paddle for $100-110 for around

your price range. Aquabound is what I have used for the

past, what, 10 years? I've lost count. It is there as a backup

in case my trolling motor goes out. i bought the Manta Ray.

 

https://aquabound.com/categories/kayak-paddles/recreational

 

This is just one brand and it has served me well. Plenty of 

others out there to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paddles come in different shaft lengths. (unless it's an adjustable) Wait until you know what kayak you're going to get so you'll know what length shaft you'll need. If I was you, I'd get the best paddle you can afford and preferably one with an adjustable shaft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EGbassing said:

Surely a $100 paddle is sufficient though. After all, it's a piece of metal. 

Any paddle that isn’t broken will get you on the water. The lighter the better, though. You use it allllll day, remember. 

 

$100-120 will buy you a decent carbon paddle. Don’t buy metal. They’re heavy and get hot in the sun. 

 

I’m not sold on these $400 paddles, either. I’m cheap, and can’t ever see myself spending that much on a paddle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Smalls said:

Any paddle that isn’t broken will get you on the water. The lighter the better, though. You use it allllll day, remember. 

 

$100-120 will buy you a decent carbon paddle. Don’t buy metal. They’re heavy and get hot in the sun. 

 

I’m not sold on these $400 paddles, either. I’m cheap, and can’t ever see myself spending that much on a paddle. 

Looks like you can get a carbon paddle for around $75 some places. Is material the only main thing that matters? It doesn't seem like the design would make a noticeable difference but I don't know anything about this, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×