DouglasVan

WTB Abu Revo Gen2 STX HS-L

Hello All,

I am long time forum creeper first time posting. I am putting out feelers to see if anyone has an Abu Garcia Gen2 Revo STX HS-L, I purchased one last year from FB marketplace and fell in love with it, so I am just curious if anyone has one they would part with. The 6.4:1 would be okay as well. TIA

I’ve got two gen3s I’d let go cheap because they both have issues after a warranty claim with them last year they both lasted 2 weeks and a month before had the same issue come back up. Now they just sit collecting dust since I’ve replaced all my gen3 revos with daiwa Tatulas but still have some first gen revos I have in use that are bullet proof and 1 second gen that even after spending a week at the bottom of the river is still working but not strong so it’s sittig waiting till I have time to rebuild it. Good luck on your hunt for some 

4 hours ago, clayton86 said:

I’ve got two gen3s I’d let go cheap because they both have issues after a warranty claim with them last year they both lasted 2 weeks and a month before had the same issue come back up. Now they just sit collecting dust since I’ve replaced all my gen3 revos with daiwa Tatulas but still have some first gen revos I have in use that are bullet proof and 1 second gen that even after spending a week at the bottom of the river is still working but not strong so it’s sittig waiting till I have time to rebuild it. Good luck on your hunt for some 

Thank you sir. I did read about the gen 3 issues in the Revo lineup. I could see how the Gen2 you have would just need a rebuild after a dunk in the river those things are tanks. That is why I am in search of a second one. Thank you for the encouragement. Just out of curiosity what were the claims for?

The spool wouldn’t engage after casting with out tapping the side with a knife or pliers something hard. You would just turn the handle and nothing would happen. 

Okay so the are inoperable? Would Abu warranty them again? How much are you wanting to get for the Gen3?