waymont

Z-Man exclusive

Anyone seen these TRD TicklerZ available only at DSG? I bet they are excellent ned baits.

nedz.thumb.png.0dcb59aed9477db3141fb6035525efcd.png

Not a DSG exclusive.

Just Fishin' has them for $1 less than DSG

https://justfishnstore.com/z-man-trd-ticklerz/

Primary Tackle also has them for $1 less

https://www.primarytackle.com/store/p3709/Z_Man_TRD_TicklerZ_3.5''.html

Must have! Now where'd I put Bait Monkey's number....

37 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Not a DSG exclusive.

Just Fishin' has them for $1 less than DSG

https://justfishnstore.com/z-man-trd-ticklerz/

Primary Tackle also has them for $1 less

https://www.primarytackle.com/store/p3709/Z_Man_TRD_TicklerZ_3.5''.html

Cool thx. When I was in DSG they had a sign up that they were exclusive to DSG.

Man these two sites are pretty low budget. They look like they were designed in the 80's.

Cut a Hula Stickz in half and you got yourself a TRD Ticklerz

Fished them this past weekend with out a positive result,  but the water clarity was poor/cold and I only had Canada craw.

I'm a firm believer in Megastrike scent while fishing the ned, the appendages did seem to stick together rather then flair. 

1 minute ago, waymont said:

Cool thx. When I was in DSG they had a sign up that they were exclusive to DSG.

One thing to remember about DSG - they lie...alot.

One example

"Special Sale Price" = our sale price is what other's charge normally cause we inflate the MSRP.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WVU-SCPA said:

I'm a firm believer in Megastrike scent while fishing the ned

Me too.

6 hours ago, MN Fisher said:

One thing to remember about DSG - they lie...alot.

One example

"Special Sale Price" = our sale price is what other's charge normally cause we inflate the MSRP.

That is just a common marketing tactic, many stores and companies use. Being a semi budget fisher I know my prices and walk if something doesn’t meet that price, unless I have am immediate need for an item. If they sell extra gear that way good for them. Why do you think some brands force stores to lock in their prices. 

DSG and Academy are the two stores I have gotten the best deals at, next to Walmart clearance, and both of their customer service departments are top notch and went above and beyond to make a situation right. I just don’t use them for my everyday tackle shopping. 

Seeing that the hot snakes color is a unique name, maybe it is exclusive colors only available at DSG, lots of companies do this. 

I bought them at dsg they were buy 3 get 1 free on Sunday 

On 4/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, NYWayfarer said:

Cut a Hula Stickz in half and you got yourself a TRD Ticklerz

The tails on the new ones are longer and clump less then a cut down Hula Stick.  But at the same time I am done with trying any more new Ned rig plastics.  The half-Zlinker is about perfect and none of the ones that have followed have been a real improvement other then the OG TRD and only then because it's a little stiffer and works better on the weedless t-rig head I use when river fishing.  But for open-hook MWF fishing I am going back to basics and staying there.  

• Like 1

*I bought a couple of packs to try from DSG ... kind of a cross between a shorter Hula Skirtz and a TRD Tubez .

9 hours ago, fishwizzard said:

The tails on the new ones are longer and clump less then a cut down Hula Stick.  But at the same time I am done with trying any more new Ned rig plastics.  The half-Zlinker is about perfect and none of the ones that have followed have been a real improvement other then the OG TRD and only then because it's a little stiffer and works better on the weedless t-rig head I use when river fishing.  But for open-hook MWF fishing I am going back to basics and staying there.  

I stick with the basics as well on the Ned. I use the finesse TRD and TRD Tubez. However I did pick up a pack of the TRD Crawz since they looked so good.

Might have to give these a shot.

39 minutes ago, NYWayfarer said:

I stick with the basics as well on the Ned. I use the finesse TRD and TRD Tubez. However I did pick up a pack of the TRD Crawz since they looked so good.

Oh, I buy atleast a pack of every new variant but so far they have all been about the same as the 1/2-Zlinker in terms of catch rate. 

The Crawz do look amazing and the weedless heads for them also look good but I am lousy with tiny jigs already and it remains to be seen how the Crawz stack up.  

• Like 1

Hard to beat a 1/2 zinker , especially after it gets soaked and chewed on a bit as I believe the performance actually improves !

On 4/5/2019 at 7:17 AM, NYWayfarer said:

I hadn't had any luck with the Crawz until Friday, then it set the world on fire. Wish they'd make it in green pumpkin/orange though. 

Image may contain: outdoor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I hadn't had any luck with the Crawz until Friday, then it set the world on fire. Wish they'd make it in green pumpkin/orange though. 

Were you able to fish it against the TRD stick?

Just now, txchaser said:

Were you able to fish it against the TRD stick?

Fished both, both caught fish, they showed an obvious preference to the craw, especially the larger fish. 

• Like 1