jbsoonerfan

Shimano Caenan 150 (paying it forward)

I have a Shimano Caenan 150 reel that has a couple rash burns on the side plate. I just used it last week to make sure it performed as well as it did last year. It works great. Pretty good little reel. Just reply here if you are interested and I will pick the names out of a hat and send it to you so that you can give someone of your choosing the reel. It can be a friend, a kid in need, your family member or anyone you feel deserving. Maybe you could even buy a rod from wal mart or academy or maybe you have one that you aren't using and you could present someone with a combo. I love to pay it forward. I have been known to just pay for random peoples food in a restaurant, leave a waitress a hundred dollar tip, pay for groceries for random people, etc. I feel like this is a great way for me to pay it forward while allowing a forum member the opportunity to pay it forward as well. It will make both of us feel good. 

I will draw a name at noon (CST) tomorrow and post the winner here so I can get an address.

caenan 1.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I nominate @kiko13 He runs a bi-annual high school fishing derby at his community lake, as well as multiple veterans fishing events every year. I'm highly certain he could put that baitcaster to a good cause.

I have a cousin that would love this.  My uncle and I are really working on him on fishing knowledge and take him on trips with us every year up north.   

Great gesture!!   

Kudos to you

I'm interested. A buddy of mine is wanting to learn bass fishing as he has spent his life catfishing. 

I’m a college student who tries to find every extra minute to fish lol I would really enjoy this reel!

I would give it to Blake he is an 8th grader that loves to fish and really wants to get into baitcasters but just cant pull the trigger to spend that much on a rod and reel yet.

@jbsoonerfan, Thank you for your generosity!

SIGN ME UP! i'll pay it forward to a big ol' bass!

I would pay it forward to my son. He's 8 years old and I'm really trying to get him interested in fishing so he has something OTHER than video games and watching TV to do this summer :). I taught him how to use a spinning reel last year and he did pretty good, caught a couple of nice Rainbow trout. I mean he'd have his lapses where he'd forget to draw back the bail but all I'd have to do is say before he attempted to cast if he thinks he forgot a step and he'd pause and you could see him going over it in his head and he'd say "oh yeah, I forgot the bail"...lol. Anyways, this would be the perfect reel for him to learn casting on once he's ready to try and tackle it!

And the winner is............

PM me your name and address

winner.jpg

• Like 2

I just wanna say thank you to you for your generosity. Another reason I cannot leave BR’s family.

• Like 1

@jbsoonerfan 

You rock - This is how you pay it forward.

I do the same thing when I see young kids fishing at the lake. I would sometimes just give them few of my items (lures) to build their arsenals.  

Congrat's!!! Put it to good use Northstar.

Hey guys, got the reel in today and its going to make some young man very happy.  Nice job paying it forward jbsoonerfan, hopefully a ten finds its way to your boat this year.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NorthStar said:

Hey guys, got the reel in today and its going to make some young man very happy.  Nice job paying it forward jbsoonerfan, hopefully a ten finds its way to your boat this year.  

Thank you! It was my pleasure. 

• Like 2

Pretty cool!

This is a breath of fresh air in the egotistical society we live in! Thanks 

Good on you paying it forward is what it's all about. IMHO

Rick

Nice of you sir! 

this is what makes this place  great