Quarry Man

Eastern PA Fishing Reports

Spent a good two hours friday night getting prepped to hit some early morning waters at Marsh. Was hoping to get up around 4 am. Instead woke up around 11 am and  spent the rest of the day eating tasty kakes and watching movies with my daughter. 

Sunday I got there around 7 am and again seeing the conveyor belt of boaters slowly beating the banks heading north i decided to tried fishing the area past the boat rentals because i didnt see any boaters in that area. turns out they werent there for a reason. winds and  the lack of bites made it a frustrating few hours. defeated i headed back. as i approached the rental area i saw a little point  and decided to try some hail mary casts  with my chatterbait and got lucky with this 2.8 lbers. 

1504-FEA1-B0-C2-4809-9-ECB-143268-C16-FD

• Like 1

Been getting a ton of largemouth at Mauch Chunk in Jim Thorpe, but nothing of any size. Fishing from shore on the far end where the dam is.

Moderate success at Gouldsboro lake, with one about 2 1/2 pounds. As usual, though, the hordes of tourists, and pickerel, make it difficult. Same story at Mauch Chunk.

Tried Pocono Lake for the first time last night. First cast, huge pickerel bit my line in half. Put a leader on, and hauled in a pickerel around 5 pounds. Didn’t get a single bite the rest of the night. 

Side note: Anyone fish here (right on 940) or Brady’s Lake right next to it? This was my first time, and I’m wondering if people are pulling nice bass out of either one. There were TONS of good sized fish jumping and breaking the surface around sunset. 

went to my local ditch in south philly to kill an hour or so. only used the jackall kaera and caught one sweet lmb and hammered some  snake heads. 

4-DA59-C7-B-6580-490-A-B96-D-7848-EDA1-F

8-FF77-E19-1944-47-D5-9-A8-E-CA2-C22056-

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 6:55 PM, TrueNameAmended said:

Side note: Anyone fish here (right on 940) or Brady’s Lake right next to it? This was my first time, and I’m wondering if people are pulling nice bass out of either one. There were TONS of good sized fish jumping and breaking the surface around sunset. 

I fished Bradys lake last year for two days. i got bit on the launch side in the middle. decent lake mostly dinks but i did manage some decent bass in the 3lbs area.

that other area are you referring to Arrow head lakes?

On 7/5/2019 at 6:55 PM, TrueNameAmended said:

Been getting a ton of largemouth at Mauch Chunk in Jim Thorpe, but nothing of any size. Fishing from shore on the far end where the dam is.

Moderate success at Gouldsboro lake, with one about 2 1/2 pounds. As usual, though, the hordes of tourists, and pickerel, make it difficult. Same story at Mauch Chunk.

Tried Pocono Lake for the first time last night. First cast, huge pickerel bit my line in half. Put a leader on, and hauled in a pickerel around 5 pounds. Didn’t get a single bite the rest of the night. 

think I've fished Brady's before, can't remember. lmk when you fish Pocono again, I am 20 min away, just moved up here for the summer!

Barring the rivers, it seems like all the accessible fishing places in Eastern Pa are just Pickerel holes...

I wish everything wasn't private.

4 hours ago, JediAmoeba said:

Barring the rivers, it seems like all the accessible fishing places in Eastern Pa are just Pickerel holes...

I wish everything wasn't private.

Not at all.  Where in PA are you? There's a lot of great bass water that isn't dominated by pickerel. 

On 7/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, YoTone said:

I fished Bradys lake last year for two days. i got bit on the launch side in the middle. decent lake mostly dinks but i did manage some decent bass in the 3lbs area.

that other area are you referring to Arrow head lakes?

The other lake is Pocono Lake Preserve I guess? I’ve heard people call it “twin lakes.” Isn’t Arrowhead private?

On 7/7/2019 at 11:05 PM, Quarry Man said:

think I've fished Brady's before, can't remember. lmk when you fish Pocono again, I am 20 min away, just moved up here for the summer!

I hit Brady’s today for the first time. I went at a terrible time and the bite was slow. Got one dink, had what I believe was about a 3-3.5 pounder spit the hook a few feet from shore, and got this one in the picture. Got them all within the span of an hour once the sun started to sink a little bit. 

Granted I only fished Pocono lake once, but it seems the bass are much more abundant at Brady’s than there.

Where are you staying? I live about halfway down that mountain off 115, and my girlfriend’s family has a place in Locust Lake Village.

4B45656F-9759-45AD-94D0-DA626C275A01.jpeg

46 minutes ago, TrueNameAmended said:

I hit Brady’s today for the first time. I went at a terrible time and the bite was slow. Got one dink, had what I believe was about a 3-3.5 pounder spit the hook a few feet from shore, and got this one in the picture. Got them all within the span of an hour once the sun started to sink a little bit. 

Granted I only fished Pocono lake once, but it seems the bass are much more abundant at Brady’s than there.

Where are you staying? I live about halfway down that mountain off 115, and my girlfriend’s family has a place in Locust Lake Village.

off 115 and 903

near then abandoned motel