Oregon Native

Chatter trailer...

I'm not to fancy with chatter bait trailers and usually will use a zoom fluke style plastic.....yesterday tried a caffeine shad.....OMG.....enough said.

Rage Structure Bug for me.

:fishing-026:

• Like 1

Rage Menace or the Zako for me! I personally prefer the Zako in clear water and the Menace in murkier waters. Tight Lines!

• Like 2

I am not very original and use the Zako a lot also on my chatter baits.  The Caffeine Shad  is one of my favorites though rigged weightless on a 4/0 and twitched through the grass beds.   Our favorite color is baby bass (the fish and me). 

I use the Berkley Grass Pig Jr.

• Like 1

If you want a compact profile and a trailer with subtle action, try a Larews Bass Shooter, turned sideways so the bait is shaped like a bluegill.

I had a bag of these & was disappointed in how they worked as a soft jerkbait.  While trying to find a use for them, I found they make a good Chatterbait trailer when you are trying to imitate a small bluegill.

I've become a huge fan of the Razor Shadz. They fit well and move perfect for me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oregon Native said:

I'm not to fancy with chatter bait trailers and usually will use a zoom fluke style plastic.....yesterday tried a caffeine shad.....OMG.....enough said.

You saying the caffeine shad was better than a fluke? If so how?

Any paddle tail I can get at a good price. Split tails. Just started using Havoc Pit Boss because of good reviews on here.

About paddle tails - gotta be honest, I don't care for them on chatterbaits. I'm looking into new options.

I'm intrigued. Super Flukes are my go to chatterbait lure but I'm always up for trying something new. 

With regards to paddle tails the only one I've sorta liked on a chatterbait out of the few I've tried is the Grass Pig because it's heavy so it casts well and I like how it kind of lumbers through the water. Seems like a good profile and the fish don't seem to complain.

Toward the end of April I will start using a Zoom fat albert. Right now I’m using a Zoom super chunk. 

2 hours ago, DSTN said:

I'm intrigued. Super Flukes are my go to chatterbait lure but I'm always up for trying something new. 

I usually use flukes as well but also intrigued.  Suspense is killing me.

Lake Fork Tackle's Live Magic Shad 😉

• Like 2

Usually the keitechs that get torn up get put on the chatterbait.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, Glaucus said:

About paddle tails - gotta be honest, I don't care for them on chatterbaits. I'm looking into new options.

Same here. I like paddle tails on swim jigs. But not on chatters. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bassheel said:

UV speed craw for me

This is my choice now also!  

Havoc Pitboss, Devil's Spear,  or Rage Menace rigged vertically instead of horizontally are my main trailers. Also like a 4.8 fat impact style trailer when they're eating big gizzard shad. 

On 4/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, waymont said:

You saying the caffeine shad was better than a fluke? If so how?

Seems to at least in the size I used for the Zoom was a four inch and caffeine is a four.  For some reason it just wiggles different...believe the caffeine is softer.  Just know that the two times I've used it here in the last week life has been good and have had the best chatter days of my life....probably coincidence but.....not changing for awhile

The Havoc Pit Boss in the Perfection color on a Z-Man bluegill colored chatterbait just slays them in my area. I've tried Rage Tails and different Power Baits as well with absolutely no luck.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, MIbassyaker said:

Strike King Blade Minnow

+1 ... Outstanding choice !!