Richwon4

Fuse Box Help

1998 Bass Tracker...I am putting a garmin in the bow and as with many trackers they are "pre-wired" to the deck.  Under the deck I found the + and -.  I tested them and they are not hot.  From looking at a chart my understanding is that the wires run to the fuse box.  I have no way of knowing what will bring those wires to life.  I will note the 1 empty space in my box but no wire attached as apposed to other designated  fuses.  I am stumped.  Any help is appreciated.  

I'd sure hope they run to the fuse box. Anything electrical should have a properly sized fuse to protect the device and prevent fires. 

You have a meter set to DC voltage reading across the plus and negative? If you are still not getting voltage these wires could be connected to a switch. 

Make sure you have any accessory power switches on. These could provide power to the wires. Possible that the key ignition switch powers them as well. 

If still no power found I'd check to make sure there are no fuses missing. 

Once you get to this point you'll have to start tracing down the wires and see where they lead. Or just look at running a new circuit from your fuse block for it.