Does this blank behave in the same way across the Levante, Orochi, and Destroyer lines. 

Specifically asking if the uses of the Javelin are the same as the XX and Levante EMTF, all of which are rated the same. 

The destroyer line does not have an EMTF and braillist split like the other two, so I am wondering if the javelin is more versatile.  

The guys over at Tackletrap would probably know best. What specific characteristic are you looking for out of a 7'5 MH/F?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junger said:

The guys over at Tackletrap would probably know best. What specific characteristic are you looking for out of a 7'5 MH/F?

They are rated a M-MF although I know megabass has some unique tapers. I am looking for something a little less stout and more sensitive than my 734. 

I current Orochi XX and Levante F5 75 EMTF are moving bait rods.  Basically versatile graphite crankbait sticks.  The old Orochi XX EMTF was a  bottom contact rod that had some versatility to be used for single hook moving baits but was bottom contact orientated 1st.  I don't k or about the Javelin.  You would want to confirm if it more similar to the old EMTF or the current one.  

• Like 1

Talk to Gary at TackleTrap, he can set you straight. 

Check out this video from Oliver. As you may know, he's a big Megabass guy. A lot of what you'll read online will say that the new EMTF has changed and it's a cranking rod now. I'm curious how many folks have actually fished them. For that reason, I ordered one just to see. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPYfGMrLMNg&t=392s

I have a Javelin, and it's probably the most versatile of the Destroyers I have. It's very much in line with the new style EMTF, but is a touch faster in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, anderb54 said:

I have a Javelin, and it's probably the most versatile of the Destroyers I have. It's very much in line with the new style EMTF, but is a touch faster in my opinion. 

What do you throw on the Javelin?

On 5/23/2019 at 4:21 PM, bunz559 said:

Check out this video from Oliver. As you may know, he's a big Megabass guy. A lot of what you'll read online will say that the new EMTF has changed and it's a cranking rod now. I'm curious how many folks have actually fished them. For that reason, I ordered one just to see. LOL!

I've seen that too.  I believe he is sponsored by them, but I could be wrong.  In any case, I feel that he is sort of assuming the new EMTF is the same as the old one in that video. It was made like a year ago, soon after the new XX rods came out, so I'm not sure he had actually used the rod at that point. 

13 hours ago, newyorktoiowa57 said:

What do you throw on the Javelin?

Obviously it's great for mid range cranks and traps, but I also really like it for lighter chatterbaits. I also like throwing a lighter Carolina rig on it, and it's a sneaky good football jig rod as well.

A bottom contact rod is about as far off from a crankbait rod as you can be.  Why they decided to name the new crankbait rod the same name as the old bottom contact rod, I'll never understand.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, newyorktoiowa57 said:

I've seen that too.  I believe he is sponsored by them, but I could be wrong.  In any case, I feel that he is sort of assuming the new EMTF is the same as the old one in that video. It was made like a year ago, soon after the new XX rods came out, so I'm not sure he had actually used the rod at that point. 

I thought the same thing. But over another board, the rep mentioned that the EMTF would still be a versatile rod. Take it with a grain of salt, but the only real way to know is to fish one. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone I know with one so I'm going to try it out. I can send you my review after this weekend. I should take delivery today. 

On 5/29/2019 at 1:03 PM, bunz559 said:

I thought the same thing. But over another board, the rep mentioned that the EMTF would still be a versatile rod. Take it with a grain of salt, but the only real way to know is to fish one. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone I know with one so I'm going to try it out. I can send you my review after this weekend. I should take delivery today. 

Tackletour did a recent review of the EMTF, stating that it "had less power than I'd expect for a Megabass F5". 

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewmegabass18orochixxemtf.html

• Like 1

Have you gotten the rod yet?

4 hours ago, newyorktoiowa57 said:

Have you gotten the rod yet?

Yes sir I did. I received it yesterday. Have yet to fish it, but I did go out to the park to make some casts with a 3/8 weight. The 3/8 was probably a little too light. This is a relatively stiff crank rod. While the tip feels like a medium fast, there seems to be a lot of back bone for a rod that is so light and marketed for treble hook baits. I have Dobyn crank rods that are 5 power and you can definitely feel the parabolic bend in them when flexing them with your line. But when flexing the EMTF, it feels more like a soft plastic rod or stiffer crank rod. It bends more like my Irod Fred's Crank Launcher or Dobyn's 805cb. If you know those rods, they're pretty stout for throwing large cranks. 

Time will tell, will be hitting up the lake this weekend to throw a few different baits on it. Will test out a combination of moving trebles, moving single hooks, and some bottom contact baits. Will follow up. 

I have the new EMTF XX but I can't say I've tried bottom contact. I use it mainly for cranks, topwater and that's about it so far. I'll try to keep some bottom contact next time I go out. I'll definitely say it's got a softer/slower tip that I'd typically consider a straight bottom single hook bait 

• Like 1