Sign in to follow this  
NittyGrittyBoy

Devil's River Series

Ok, so admittedly I'm not a Googan fan. I watch but rarely enjoy much, or finish watching any videos. 

But there I was, bored at work, cruising fishing on YouTube. Came across 30min mini series, on Kayak, camping, devil's River. That was an enjoyable watch. Makes me really want to go do that. 

Clear water, topwater Bass, camping out. They did good on that one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NittyGrittyBoy said:

BTW, what Bonafide model is he using? 

I think they hooked Jon up pretty good and hes using the SS127. I just watched the first episode as well and the place looks amazing, some pretty d**n good filming going on.

As I’ve gotten a little older I haven’t watched nearly as many of their videos. But I’ve always been impressed with Jon’s videos. The amount of editing he puts in, especially with this series and his other mini-series’ is superb. His pond hopping videos are my favorite because it’s more closely relates to me.

Huge Jon b fan and I love that series! Makes me want to do that soooo bad. I haven’t been able to fish that last few weekends but I’m making time this weekend for sure!

Watched part 2 today, topwater is king! Liked seeing that spook action. 

Ready to see that glide bait monster from intro!

I have also been watching this series, great stuff. We do a lot of float/camps like that around here. Who knew there were smallmouth near Mexico???

Some good looking smallies too. I've always wanted to catch one. How come Texas has em down south but not south Ga?!?! Lucky....

Not a huge Googan fan, but I do enjoy the videos on Jon B's channels as they seem like less of a Googan _____ advertisement when compared to some of the others. Very cool and unique trip and series! 

2 hours ago, wcjohnson said:

less of a Googan _____ advertisement

Agreed, less Googan the better.

I would like to see more float and camp series similar to that on different rivers around U.S. 

I think they're on to something there

On 5/1/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lefty2215 said:

As I’ve gotten a little older I haven’t watched nearly as many of their videos. But I’ve always been impressed with Jon’s videos. The amount of editing he puts in, especially with this series and his other mini-series’ is superb. His pond hopping videos are my favorite because it’s more closely relates to me.

Yeah, among the younger ones, Jon is the most mature. There are some good collaborations with other YT personlaities like Outlaw, Scott Martin, Lake Fork Guy. They did some with Flukemaster and Chad Hoover, which didn't end well. And there's Rob, who is the real grownup of the Googans and a combat vet. They have a habit of making EVERY SINGLE VIDEO WITH the "MOST _____ EVER" clickbait in the title, which is irritating.

32 minutes ago, NittyGrittyBoy said:

I would like to see more float and camp series similar to that on different rivers around U.S. 

The Jackson kayak site has a link to a good series of float/fish shorts. They're worth a watch if they're still up on the site.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, NittyGrittyBoy said:

I’ve always dreamed of being the star of such a series but, alas, I have to go to work everyday hahaha. They should have taken a royalex canoe but I’m guessing they didn’t know how rough that would be 

• Like 1