reb67

Watching someone land there PB

We all know what it feels like when we catch our PB but I got to watch someone  catch his PB. This young man has been working for me for about three years and I try to take him out fish when ever I can because he loves to fish. He hasn't done much bass fishing before going with me and he has seen me land several over 5lbs and three over 6lbs so he has been asking alot of questions and trying learn. Up til today he said the biggest bass he had ever caught was about 3lbs and he caught that on a live minnow.

Long story short I got to watch him catch this 5.9lber his new  PB and he was trying to catch a bass. I have to say watching this 25 year old man become a giddy little schoolgirl was awesome. After he stop shaking he kept thanking me for taking the time show him about bass fishing. I realized what my means when she says that she enjoys watch me catch big fish because I really enjoyed witnessing his excitement. 

20190517_155642_crop_524x513.jpg

• Like 21

Yep, doesn't matter if it's 3lbs or 8 or larger, it's always great when a buddy/child catches a new PB!  Even better when it's you mentoring them.

Beautiful fish and great story! That's what it's all about, that experience you two will never forget.

I love when people catch big fish.

• Like 1

👍👍

Oddly enough I've seen it many times. Just because of circumstance. I used to fish a lot when I was a kid from the banks with my friends. As we got older we didn't fish as much and we weren't very good back then. Only 2 of us really kept fishing regularly into adulthood. The last couple of years I have been out with some if these same guys. I've seen several get their pb bass, and then another get his first walleye. 

Of course the other guy who fished as long as me has seen most of my PB fish, and I've seen most of his too. We fish together a lot.

3 hours ago, BoatSquirrel said:

One of the great joys of our sport.  You’re the man Reb!

I dont know about being the man  but I do agree it is a joy of our sport watching others get excited about fishing. 

I've put many friends, my wife, my son, my dad, my mom, and lots of clients on their PBs, it never gets old. 

• Like 1

I watch (and got video) of my friend Big Fish Jeff land his PB - which is the largest Bass I ever actually seen.

Everyone was pretty pumped.

Very Cool.

:smiley:

A-Jay

2 hours ago, A-Jay said:

I watch (and got video) of my friend Big Fish Jeff land his PB - which is the largest Bass I ever actually seen.

Everyone was pretty pumped.

Very Cool.

:smiley:

A-Jay

Wow!!! That was awesome 

• Thanks 1