I just returned from a very successful trip to my favorite lake .  About the third LM I caught spit this up.  Two fish later another did the same....identical 'dads as did roughly 1/2 of the fish I caught .  I had some Rage Bugs that were an exact match and just slayed 'em for the next two hours.  Then I lost my last Bug and things fell off.  I didn't really have anything else with me that worked as well. 

What would you guys have switched to?  Specific colors and models would be appreciated. Thanks.

craw 3.jpg

Mend-It, keep using what was working by repairing the soft plastic.

Tom

• Like 1

I would have, but the baits weren't coming back in one piece.  Many missing claws and some disappeared completely.

I’ve used mendit to reattach a claw on a rage craw and it held up suprislngly well for being so thin. Save the parts you can and maybe can Frankenstein an extra bait or 2. It can save the day and has for many anglers. 

Run out and buy 100 each, next trip you will not run out and...may never get bit on them agian. This is how get bags and bags 100's of soft plastics!

Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

RECYCLE! Same thing happened to me once last year with the Structure Bug and I only had a couple left. I’d keep biting off the torn head and re-rig. Eventually it was pretty much just a chunk trailer, but it was still catching.  

The last time I ran out of a bait was...NEVER

over it drinking GIF

Just have to do your best to use what you have and get as close as possible.  Maybe a green pumpkin senko with tail dipped orange?  That color combo should be a staple in a bass fisherman’s arsenal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BoatSquirrel said:

Just have to do your best to use what you have and get as close as possible.  Maybe a green pumpkin senko with tail dipped orange?  That color combo should be a staple in a bass fisherman’s arsenal.

...or maybe a tube .