Matt_3479

13 fishing envy black vs Expride

So I currently have a 13 fishing envy black 7’6” heavy rod paired with a curado k I use for flipping t-rigs. The rod feels good, good power, good sensitivity. My neighbour wants to buy it off me (just the rod). I picked up a 7’ light plus expride spinning rod and love the look and feel of the rod. What I’m acrually looking for here is everyone’s thoughts on if I should sell the rod to the neighbour and pick up a 7’6” heavy expride or just keep the envy? I’ve only fished the light plus so don’t know how anything else stacks up.

I have never used the Expride but I do have an Envy Black. It is a great rod and I wouldn't sell it if it was a rod I used often or needed just to buy another rod in the same price category. I normally unload rods when it no longer fits my needs or I upgrade. Unless your neighbor is going to give you more money than the value I would just keep the Envy and enjoy it.

If you like the envy I'd keep it. I've sold q lot of gear to buddies and ended up kicking myself for doing so

• Like 1

IMO it is quite hard to recuperate money on sold gear, so I would just keep the Envy.  I highly recommend the expride 72MH, so you might consider adding that other expride as well. Most people on here say the exprides fish way above their price point. 

Thanks everyone. I just love the feel my expride and made me think of trying another one.

23 hours ago, newyorktoiowa57 said:

IMO it is quite hard to recuperate money on sold gear, so I would just keep the Envy.  I highly recommend the expride 72MH, so you might consider adding that other expride as well. Most people on here say the exprides fish way above their price point. 

I agree, with higher end rods in my arsenal the expride feels amazing and higher then there price for sure. I’ve heard great things about The 7’2”mh but doesn’t have room for it in the arsenal. What do you find it good for? What’s your favourite baits to use on the rod? 

6 minutes ago, Matt_3479 said:

Thanks everyone. I just love the feel my expride and made me think of trying another one.

I agree, with higher end rods in my arsenal the expride feels amazing and higher then there price for sure. I’ve heard great things about The 7’2”mh but doesn’t have room for it in the arsenal. What do you find it good for? What’s your favourite baits to use on the rod? 

Jig/Texas rig, I haven't gone heavier then a 3/8 jig though.  You could also throw paddletails on it, but I have an 8:1 reel on the rod which is too fast for that.  I would say 1/2 ounce jig + trailer in sparse to medium cover is the upper limit.  I live in the Northeast and have never seen a need for a heavy powered rod, though. 

1 hour ago, newyorktoiowa57 said:

Jig/Texas rig, I haven't gone heavier then a 3/8 jig though.  You could also throw paddletails on it, but I have an 8:1 reel on the rod which is too fast for that.  I would say 1/2 ounce jig + trailer in sparse to medium cover is the upper limit.  I live in the Northeast and have never seen a need for a heavy powered rod, though. 

Right on! Yah I don’t need that either right now. Looking to upgrade 1 rod, add 1 spinning and maybe trade up from envy to the expride. 

22 minutes ago, Matt_3479 said:

Right on! Yah I don’t need that either right now. Looking to upgrade 1 rod, add 1 spinning and maybe trade up from envy to the expride. 

How much is your neighbor offering?  You would probably make more selling that rod to him then anywhere else, because shipping a tube is like $40-50.

He offered me a good chunk of change for the rod, more then I was expecting to be honest. But I know it would still be 75-100 more for an expride?

I recently looked into shipping a rod and it was cheaper than I expected.  $20 for a 7ft rod tube.  This was through USPS and was only shipping one state over.  So your mileage may vary