EWREX

the deadly nedly

Went today and tried everything else and wouldn't you know it. Bam. just got one and lost one in the pads. And my fishing partner catches small mouth one them all the time on south holston 

1 hour ago, RealtreeByGod said:

Does anyone have success with something other than stick worms? I've tried Hula Stickz, TRD Crawz, Streakz, and XCite Raptor Tail Chunks and nothing produces as well as a regular-ol' TRD does. 

I have success with the CrawZ, but there's nothing like a regular TRD. I was really excited when the CrawZ came out, and they do work pretty well, but not nearly as well as the TRD, so I'm not sure I'll be getting more. I use the CrawZ on Bitsy Bug Jigs and they work great for that too, but I've got a TON of Baby Rage Craws to go through. When they aren't particularly better than other options, I'm not sure what the point is. 

6 hours ago, RealtreeByGod said:

Does anyone have success with something other than stick worms? I've tried Hula Stickz, TRD Crawz, Streakz, and XCite Raptor Tail Chunks and nothing produces as well as a regular-ol' TRD does. 

Just tonight actually. Dirty water, 20+mph winds, 1/16oz head, #2 hook, no smallmouth in the lake (GASP!!). Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor, water and nature

I really like the TRD MinnowZ (formerly RainZ Minnow), and the Hula StickZ has times when it will badly outfish the TRD. 

• Like 2

All this Ned talk gave me the notion to try the rig out on the local river on my lunch break today.  3 walleyes in about 20 minutes, but no bass.  That was totally unexpected, but still awesome!

• Like 3

On 6/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, RealtreeByGod said:

The TRD ticklerz has been good for me

This stupid thing just works. I won’t even pretend to know why. I actually went out and bought my first fairy wand I’ve owned in 6 years just to try this d**n thing. Took me a minute to figure out the hookset on it, but it just flat out catches em. I’ve caught spots, largies and smallies on it. 

5 hours ago, Smalls said:

This stupid thing just works. I won’t even pretend to know why. I actually went out and bought my first fairy wand I’ve owned in 6 years just to try this d**n thing. Took me a minute to figure out the hookset on it, but it just flat out catches em. I’ve caught spots, largies and smallies on it. 

FYI ~ 

When in the hands of a skilled magician, those fairy wands can produce some real magic.

YMMV

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, RealtreeByGod said:

Last fall I met Ned on a local lake. He suggested the finesse shadz.

Some days it outproduces the standard TRD. The green pumpkin works really well on some of the smaller local lakes.

It really shines in cold water. It does not take much to get its thin tail moving.

rs.php?path=ZMANFNS-GRP-1.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, A-Jay said:

FYI ~ 

When in the hands of a skilled magician, those fairy wands can produce some real magic.

YMMV

:smiley:

A-Jay

They do. I’ve had one in my hand for the majority of the year since I bought one. And I’m considering buying another 🤭

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:04 PM, RealtreeByGod said:

* One of the Big Ten Universities conducted extensive testing by first dropping in a creature bait into a bass tank , measured strike total , removed an appendage , then repeated the test ... In the end a plain stick bait won by a fairly large margin - this test made me a believer in senko style soft stick baits for flipping / pitching (along with a simple ZMan TRD )  used with one of Ned's 6 retrieves .