I got an email from St. Croix stating this was a Customer Appreciation Day first.  They were offering a St. Croix Rod Combo for 50% off. Spinning or casting. The rod was paired with a Daiwa reel.  They didn't offer any info on the reel so I'm thinking it won't be much to it. However, for $69 I ordered a spinning rod combo. I chose a 7' medium action. Worse case scenario one of my kids will fish with it.  We'll see what happens.....

Has anyone else received this offer?  Was it a good deal?  

1 minute ago, Derek1 said:

Sounds like a $69 gamble worth taking. 

That was my thinking as well. I really like St. Croix and have never had a bad rod from them. 

I received the offer too. I think it was a one day only customer appreciation sale. I debated whether to pick up a baitcaster combo but decided to pass. To me the spinning reel looks like a Daiwa Crossfire. At least thats what was pictured on their website. 

I would have snagged a spinning combo if it was an actual Triumph rod with full cork.

5 hours ago, zell_pop1 said:

I would have snagged a spinning combo if it was an actual Triumph rod with full cork.

I was told by others that it IS a Triumph rod but with foam instead of cork. Foam isn't a deal breaker for me in this instant. 

Got my combo in today. Reel is a Daiwa Crossfire 2500. Retails at $30. A bit heavy at 9.3 oz. Smooth, though. The rod feels awesome. I would've paid $69 just for the rod. I've swapped in a much better reel and I'm ready to give it a whirl. All in all, I'm very satisfied with the purchase. My son gets the Crossfire on my older rod, so he's happy too!

• Like 1

Did you get the purple rod or the granite gray one? 

For some reason when purchased separately (not a combo) the gray rod costs more than the purple. 

1 hour ago, NYWayfarer said:

For some reason when purchased separately (not a combo) the gray rod costs more than the purple. 

St Croix 2 piece rods cost $10 more than 1 piece.  I believe they are all sold out of the 1 piece gray rods, thats why it looks like they are more than the purple rods

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYWayfarer said:

I got the purple. The color favors the Ike series Abu rods. Very dark purple. 

• Like 1