I'm interested in picking something small up for myself to get off the bank and on to the actual water. Something that won't break the bank, but will function enough to get the job done. So far I've heard good things from the Bass Pro Shop Pond Prowlers, as well as from the Sun Dolphin Sportsman. I was curious what the people over here at Bass Resource thought might be the best for my needs. Ideally I want to be up and running for ~$1,000 (for example, a pond prowler, Minn Kota C2 30 trolling motor, rudder, and trolling motor battery/power center should come in just below a grand). I'd be using it for ponds, creeks, and some smaller lakes in my area, and generally will only be carrying myself though I'd like to be able to fit two people onto it to take friends or family out on occasion. 

Any tips or advice would be appreciated, thanks!

About a month ago I bought a new Sun Dolphin Sportsman, and I am very happy with it. I have my first 40 lb. trolling motor (Minn-Kota C2) that is good for it, and no longer is my butt going to sleep and my back doesn’t hurt! I just sold 2 kayaks because I am just too tall for them. My Sportsman is awesome.

I honestly would like to have a one piece rotomolded Bass Hunter Bass Baby with the wheels in the back to make it easier to maneuver around boat docks, but they are twice the price of my Sun Dolphin. 

My advice is to check Craigslist for awesome deals - you might get something really cheap without shelling out maximum cash! Best of luck in your search.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, mrstangblb said:

About a month ago I bought a new Sun Dolphin Sportsman, and I am very happy with it. I have my first 40 lb. trolling motor (Minn-Kota C2) that is good for it, and no longer is my butt going to sleep and my back doesn’t hurt! I just sold 2 kayaks because I am just too tall for them. My Sportsman is awesome.

I honestly would like to have a one piece rotomolded Bass Hunter Bass Baby with the wheels in the back to make it easier to maneuver around boat docks, but they are twice the price of my Sun Dolphin. 

My advice is to check Craigslist for awesome deals - you might get something really cheap without shelling out maximum cash! Best of luck in your search.

Thank you, I'll check those out!

• Like 1