Sign in to follow this  
Spey-Vid

CSUN waterskiing at lower lake castaic

Hello everyone.  I want to bring up a topic for many of you who fish lower lake castaic.  Many of you may not know this but CSUN is in direct violation of their contract with LA county parks and Rec.

Section 8.5 says that CSUN must abide by the established rules of the lake

Furthermore 

Section 8.1.2 indicates that CSUN will not interfere with public usage of the lake.

The established rule of the lower lake Castaic is a "NO WAKE ZONE."  It is a no wake zone because the lower lake is operated for micro water craft.  When CSUN water skies or wake boards on the lower lake it is a dangerous situation.  Please read the contract that I have included and then email presofc@csun.edu to voice your anger at CSUN's noncompliance and dangerous behavior which has been ongoing for more than 15 years.  One rule for all, one justice for all, to protect all that is America which is you. 

LA_County_License_Agreement_2017_(1).pdf

Wait, so when did they allow anything other than electric motors on lower Castaic..? I haven't been there in someyears..and I can't ever recall seeing water skiers on that lake.

CSUN seems to think that they can operate outside of that regulation.  The attached file says they can not.  CSUN aquatics department has run water skiers and wake boarders in June, at the close of their boater safety course for 20+ years.

Do a yelp search for CSUN aquatics department at castaic and look at the pictures.  You will notice the dude water skiing on the lower lake.  

CSUN should be using the main lake, specifically Salam bay set aside for this use, they have docks and bouy coarse set up for this use.

Tom

• Like 1