diversity210

How much will you drop on a pair of sneakers?

Used to pay $100+ regularly (I think most was $140?) for running shoes when I was running hardcore all the time and it was 100% worth it to me. Priceless actually. As I slowed down my running habits significantly and I just had to stop the madness. Now I can find a decent pair sub $100 (I think last ones were $80). Last pair of "casual" sneakers were $60.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RB 77 said:

Used to pay $100+ regularly (I think most was $140?) for running shoes when I was running hardcore all the time and it was 100% worth it to me. Priceless actually. As I slowed down my running habits significantly and I just had to stop the madness. Now I can find a decent pair sub $100 (I think last ones were $80). Last pair of "casual" sneakers were $60.

I agree with you @RB 77 on spending whatever is necessary to secure the best running shoes when running is the primary focus. To comment on @diversity210‘s question in his original post on how much do you spend on shoes for fishing. I mentioned moderately priced running shoes as an alternative to marketed “fishing” shoes to wear on your boat. After a couple of years (seasons) which includes winter out here on the left coast, it was time it was time to retire the old Asics. And yes, I purchased another pair of $60 Asics gels to wear on the boat for being light, breathable, and in my opinion being comfortable on the boat.  Good fishing all, JB 

Since I'm a shore and wade fisherman primarily, I spend good money on wading boots, hiking boots, and hiking sandals.  For wading, I have a pair of Simms Flyweight boots that ran me ~$200.  I also use hiking sandals for wet wading in the warmer weather, a pair of Keens Newports that set me back about $100.  My troopers are my hiking boots made by Merrell, they ran me ~$200 and I can't kill them.  They've crawled the snowy banks of many rivers fishing winter steelhead, gone hundreds of miles through the backcountry of Michigan looking for brook trout, and many miles through the woods to fish lakes off the beaten path.  My hiking boots and wading boots are more comfy than any sneakers I've ever owned at the same price point.

Due to the arthritis in my hips and knees, I only buy high end New Balance, Asics or Brooks sneakers. So I spend a minimum of $100.00 a pair. Love to find the more expensive sneakers on sale.

I spent about $120.00 for a pair of Brooks walking/running shoes.

Based on some of the other comments I’ve read here, I wouldn’t dare say what I’ve got in some of my dress shoes😏

Just bought a pair of New Balance crossfit. This type has a wide heel for lateral movement so they're also stable for getting around. NB also had wide stuff. I do a 4e. Other brands like Nike also have a 4e but I swear they're like a regular wide, maybe 2e. Very easy to tell when trying to get them on, I can't!

New balance is a very comfortable shoe. One issue they do have is that the sole will sometimes separate at the toe halfway through their life. I Goo them and they're fine after that.

Fun fact: in the late 70's I used to live in Salem NH. I'd go to the NB factory in Lawrence Mass, and they'd trace and measure my foot and make up a custom pair for me. Factory pricing, so sort of wholesale I guess. Wish I could do that today.