Mikeltee

WTB Dropshot Spinning Rod >$300 msrp

Id love a Dobyns 702sf but if you are selling something as good as this let me know. Ill need it shipped UPS so I can pick it up at the UPS store.

I would go grab a Megabass Levante Whip snake. Its a great drop-shot rod.  $199 MSRP

https://megabassusa.com/product/levante-f3-611lvs-whipsnake/

Thanks for the recommendation. Would the Orochi be a significant step up from the Levante? Id hate to get something and wonder what if like I have ordering and replacing all my Dobyns Furys with Champions. Lol

On 6/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, Mikeltee said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Would the Orochi be a significant step up from the Levante? Id hate to get something and wonder what if like I have ordering and replacing all my Dobyns Furys with Champions. Lol

Oh absolutely. It's a very good step-up. You literally cannot go wrong with any of the Megabass rod series. I think the Levante Series from Megabass is better than the Dobyns Fury series rods.

Yea I don't even use my Furys anymore as they have been replaced by Champions. They will be my kids once they are talented enough to throw a BC. For the dropshot rod I was considering the Champion Extreme. There's a DX701sf in the refurb store for $250 right now that is new but has cork imperfections that I will most likely jump on if I get no bites in here. This thread has gotten me to research Megabass and I am going to get the XX Flatside special after the dropshot rod for throwing shallow cranks and light topwaters. IMO MB has the best looking rods available but unfortunately I am unable to fish with them to try them out. With a half dozen Dobyns in my kit, I know what I am getting so I will stick with them unless one heck of a deal pops up here,  hence the orgin of this thread. If someone offered me a used MB Adderline for $250 Id be all over it for sure. There's a FLW pro in my neighborhood and I am considering banging on his door to see if he has something.

16 hours ago, Mikeltee said:

Yea I don't even use my Furys anymore as they have been replaced by Champions. They will be my kids once they are talented enough to throw a BC. For the dropshot rod I was considering the Champion Extreme. There's a DX701sf in the refurb store for $250 right now that is new but has cork imperfections that I will most likely jump on if I get no bites in here. This thread has gotten me to research Megabass and I am going to get the XX Flatside special after the dropshot rod for throwing shallow cranks and light topwaters. IMO MB has the best looking rods available but unfortunately I am unable to fish with them to try them out. With a half dozen Dobyns in my kit, I know what I am getting so I will stick with them unless one heck of a deal pops up here,  hence the orgin of this thread. If someone offered me a used MB Adderline for $250 Id be all over it for sure. There's a FLW pro in my neighborhood and I am considering banging on his door to see if he has something.

Have you looked through the Forums? I beleive there is a Megabass cranking rod for a pretty good price. I will try and find it for you.

Have you looked through the Forums? I beleive there is a Megabass cranking rod for a pretty good price. I will try and find it for you.

I have a Gen1 Megabass XX Drop shot, XX Swingfire and XX EMTF if you are interested.