Batson

New 2020 Batson Enterprises Products are Here!

50780d55-6f98-4b4a-b499-8f30c9b8ed68.jpg
It's that time of year again when we release our new products for the upcoming tackle year... and here they are!

Our Jaguar Design team works around the clock with our sales team and Team RainShadow members to develop the latest products. It takes a team of engineers and anglers to come up with these products every year and they consistently produce the best.

So enough of that... let's get to the new 2020 Supplemental Catalog!

New RainShadow Rod Blanks:
Testament Made In USA Bass Blanks - A brand-new line of high-performance bass rod blanks that are made in USA at a more affordable price point. CastingSpinning and Crankbait Models
Revelation Square Bill - Two new additions specific to square bill lures: REVC69MMF-SB & REVC73MHMF-SB
Revelation Crankbait
 - A new ML Crankbait model: REVCB70ML-SB

Plus if you ever need new Saltwater custom rods we have:  Revelation Slow JigE-Glass RSU Stand-UpEternity2 12wt. Fly Bank

New ALPS / ForeCast Rod Components:
ALPS MVT - We have three new smaller IDs for the popular casting seat.
ALPS Rapid Hoods - New foregrip hoods for the size 16 Rapid spin seats.
Musky Split Grips - Available now in Cork and EVA.
Winn Grips - We took our five most popular models and "blacked-out" the gray swoosh.
BattleLon - Larger bore available on five different EPDM grips.
Carbon Fiber Grips - New Shapes as well as new Color Carbon / Glass grips available.
ALPS Titanium HXN - You know about these already and they're in stock!
ALPS MXN Lowriders - We designed a new lowrider set of MXN and F-Guide trains to keep the line closer to the blank.
ALPS PMK-Mini Guides - Now available with gold, blue and chameleon rings and titanium colored frames.
ALPS Deep Pressed Tip Top - We incorporated the flanged design which adds a wider glued surface.
ALPS Swivel Roller Tip Top - In stock and ready for any saltwater trolling rod class.
XXL & XXXL Dream Reamers - A great addition to our ever popular Dream Reamers.  For use on extra heavy saltwater grips.
ALPS Tip Top Gauges - Aluminum gauge to permanently replace the plastic versions on the market.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, bish0p said:

What happened to the RX9 graphite for the casting and spinning blanks?

The Eternity line of bass of rod blanks has come to an end and will no longer be produced. We’re actually still stocked on most models. They’re great blanks, sometimes product life cycles are shorter than others.

The Testament line, which is not a replacement as it’s been in the plans for almost two years, is a great new lineup. An affordable USA Made blank that will cost about the same (in some cases less) than our Immortal series and will offer equal to better performance.

The materials don’t always make a certain blank better than another. It’s about the design, layout and construction for that intended blank use that makes it special (sometimes lower modulus is actually better for certain applications). There’s a reason what we didn’t have a crankbait model in Eternity or Immortal, the design of those blanks didn’t fit right which why it stayed in the Revelation lineup and now Testament (The Judge is a whole other beast of a crankbait blank).

Equal/better performance than what? Eternity or Immortal? 

16 hours ago, Delaware Valley Tackle said:

Equal/better performance than what? Eternity or Immortal? 

Equal to or better than Immortal... but it comes down to personal preference (some people like Immortal better than Eternity).

The butt diameter of the Testament is a bit bigger than the Immortal, around the size of the current Eternity's. So it'll have similar balance as the Eternity. 

Are the Eternity blanks you are discontinuing on sale?

37 minutes ago, roadwarrior said:

Are the Eternity blanks you are discontinuing on sale?

No the Eternity will not be going on a clearance sale on our end. It's a great blank and people want it. So don't expect that anytime soon.

18 hours ago, Batson said:

No the Eternity will not be going on a clearance sale on our end. It's a great blank and people want it. So don't expect that anytime soon.

Will there ever be public confirmation as to the manufacturer of the Eternity blanks?  There are lots of rumors and I have my own thoughts too based on a side-by-side comparison with my favorite blank 

56 minutes ago, S Hovanec said:

Will there ever be public confirmation as to the manufacturer of the Eternity blanks?  There are lots of rumors and I have my own thoughts too based on a side-by-side comparison with my favorite blank 

No, no company ever mentions who manufactures their blanks. There's multiple we use in the States and multiple overseas (and not just China). But no matter where they are, their facilities need to pass our inspections and of course multiple rounds of samples. 

But the thing is we don't buy "off the shelf" from any manufacturer (other companies may as it's quite easy to do). Everything is our design, our layout, our patterns from our design team headed by Mike Thorson (there's less than a handful in the industry that have his knowledge on materials and know how to fish as well). We just use those manufacturers tooling and staff essentially. If they pass our tests then we go into production and if they make it wrong we reject it.

Any plan on blanks in the future for swimbait guys. Right now all my rods are on rainshadow blanks except my two swimbait rods ones a Phoenix the other will be a NFC. Would be sweet to have all rainshadow but I love me big baits.

Clayton, Batson does have two great swimbait blanks in the Revelation line.

REVSB710MH-SB, 7’10” MH Fast 2-6oz

REVSB710H-SB. 7’10” Heavy Fast 3-8oz

i’ve built one of each model.

Both are listed as fast action, but in my opinion are bit on the mod-fast side. Both have tons of backbone. I didn’t try it, but I would be willing to make a substantial wager you could pick up a bowling ball with the heavy power version. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .ghoti. said:

Clayton, Batson does have two great swimbait blanks in the Revelation line.

REVSB710MH-SB, 7’10” MH Fast 2-6oz

REVSB710H-SB. 7’10” Heavy Fast 3-8oz

i’ve built one of each model.

Both are listed as fast action, but in my opinion are bit on the mod-fast side. Both have tons of backbone. I didn’t try it, but I would be willing to make a substantial wager you could pick up a bowling ball with the heavy power version. 

Awesome don’t know how I over looked those before or didn’t stand out when I searched. 

• Like 1