Kyle S

Do you prefer to fish alone??

19 hours ago, LadiMopar said:

And we love having the opportunity to fish vicariously with you Paul. 😊

But back in the real world....I prefer to fish alone. Only exception, my daughter and my grandsons. Gotta keep those youngsters closer to tackle boxes, and further from X boxes.

Thanks, CJ. :)

Ach... My son likes to fish, but... it's low on the priority list. He's pretty steeped in the tech world. And, he'd rather do things with his friends, than his dad. His considerable tech knowledge is valuable. But... easy entertainment is mighty stiff competition. What my son has been able to discover, throughout his life, is the real satisfaction "easy" just doesn't reach.

• Like 1

I prefer to fish with someone else.  I usually fish with my wife.  That allows me to do what I want while she fishes a couple of confident baits.  

And trust me, she will catch her share of fish. Buddies I fish with know their stuff to but we may have different styles and techniques so we bounce stuff off each other and always do better than solo.  

To each their own but I prefer company when I fish. 

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Paul Roberts said:

Thanks, CJ. :)

Ach... My son likes to fish, but... it's low on the priority list. He's pretty steeped in the tech world. And, he'd rather do things with his friends, than his dad. His considerable tech knowledge is valuable. But... easy entertainment is mighty stiff competition. What my son has been able to discover, throughout his life, is the real satisfaction "easy" just doesn't reach.

You never know...  You gave him a good foundation.  He will be back to fish with Dad.

I have been working in the tech industry for 13 years.  I am not burned out as it is always evolving, but I love to get out of the server room, change my view of a wall of code, and get outside.  It pays the  bills for sure, but one day I hope to get out of the city and get as close as I can off of the beaten patch.  

• Like 2

Alone is much better for my catch ratio, don't have to worry about someone else during boat position. I do enjoy taking my best friend or wife when they can go but don't care for anyone else    

• Like 2

I do like fishing alone. I'm my favorite fishing companion. I do have one buddy I fish with a few times a year. But he's a lot like me. We can go a half hour and not speak and it's not awkward. Come to think of it, fishing is the only way we spend time together.

• Like 1

I love fishing with my 4 yr old...MOST of the time.  It really goes from an awesome experience to frustration.  He's fishing texas rigs on spinning gear but this last trip out he really wants a daddy rod, baitcaster.  Im really really not excited about that haha.  I may buy him an slx dc to cut down on backlashes.

I like to fish alone or with others.   When I fish with others it can make the fishing day stressful.   I like to go fishing.

Fishing: the activity of trying to catch fish.

I like to catch fish, but I go for the whole experience.  IE: exercise, quietness, weather, nature, no technology, no traffic, etc.

People that expect to catch loads of fish, just ruin the outing for me.   I learned when I was young from my uncles that "let's go fishing" was a code for: Lets get away from these yappy women. 😁  We'd grab our gear, bait, soda (later on beer), and head out.   Our trips varied 2-6 hrs, depending on the bite or time of day we left.    Some days/nights were more successful than others. 

To those that confuse "fishing" with "catching", they need to go find some asian/silver carp.   That way they can knock some sense into them.  lol

I prefer to fish with my father, followed by my uncle. They are both approaching 80, so it's a gift.