Any thoughts on these two reels? (Except cosmetics) Or is it just different names and different colors? I have heard that the american curado always have been better than the japanese scorpion... Thanks for answers!

They are the same except bearing 2 on handle and better Japanese made spool bearing.

59 minutes ago, JustJames said:

They are the same except bearing 2 on handle and better Japanese made spool bearing.

So if I can get both for the same price I should get the Scorpion?

one thing to consider is warranty. Scorpion is JDM and Shimano NA won't warrant it. They are generally pretty robust but something to think about. I'd still get the Scorpion over Curado due to color scheme and better bearings. 

26 minutes ago, Khoa Vu said:

one thing to consider is warranty. Scorpion is JDM and Shimano NA won't warrant it. They are generally pretty robust but something to think about. I'd still get the Scorpion over Curado due to color scheme and better bearings. 

Thanks! I live in Norway, so i don´t know, but would Shimano NA warrant the curado 70 do you think? (They don´t sell it here so i don´t think Normark Norway would)

If the prices are the same, i’d pick scorpion any day (I’m a sucker of black with red trim) hell I even paid more on used scorpion. Warranty is last thing I’m worry about, this is shimano Curado class not cheap class reels of course there are lemons but chances are slim to none.

About Japanese class bearing (black/dark rim compare to regular stainless steel bearing, I think all 5 bearing are (not sure about x-ship and main shaft but pinion support is). The free spin of this bearing is about twice as long compare to regular, but you won’t see different in distance unless super light lure.

Now Curado 70 is on market for quite sometime and the 200K already more than a year old. I’d think shimano should do some upgrade to 70 size soon. BUT WHO TO TELL? Shimano came out with SLX with MGL spool and about the same MSRP as Curado.

66577964-5BAD-4B42-894F-0DE6CB499387.thumb.jpeg.4214a9c96ba93c5cfa90db2eb598eb4a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JustJames said:

If the prices are the same, i’d pick scorpion any day (I’m a sucker of black with red trim) hell I even paid more on used scorpion. Warranty is last thing I’m worry about, this is shimano Curado class not cheap class reels of course there are lemons but chances are slim to none.

About Japanese class bearing (black/dark rim compare to regular stainless steel bearing, I think all 5 bearing are (not sure about x-ship and main shaft but pinion support is). The free spin of this bearing is about twice as long compare to regular, but you won’t see different in distance unless super light lure.

Now Curado 70 is on market for quite sometime and the 200K already more than a year old. I’d think shimano should do some upgrade to 70 size soon. BUT WHO TO TELL? Shimano came out with SLX with MGL spool and about the same MSRP as Curado.

66577964-5BAD-4B42-894F-0DE6CB499387.thumb.jpeg.4214a9c96ba93c5cfa90db2eb598eb4a.jpeg

Haha, you have convinced me of the Scorpion. Not only better bearings but better looks as well😁 Yeah, i also think that they should update the 70 and make a Curado 70 “k” with micro module. The Slx Mgl does not have x-ship and is still a 99.99 reel, just with better braking and an mgl spool.

I have a couple of the scorpion 71's because they look killer on my poison adrena's and zodias. The combo's look and  feel made for each other. Confidence is most important!

• Like 1