Gladesbasser

Gambler EZ Swimmer

Having an issue where the bottom of the bait is not staying put on a Texas Rig. It slides upwards. Using a Gama EWG 5/0 Superline. Any tips or suggestions? TIA. 

I don't have a Gammy Superline EWG 5/0, but when I tried to rig the EZ Swimmer on the Gammy G-Finesse Hybrid Worm hook, a 5/0 was too big. It was difficult to get enough of the nose hooked up front without the bend of the hook being past the narrowing of the tail. If you go past this narrowing, the tail doesn't thump as designed. You'll probably want to drop down to a 4/0. 

I would recommend looking at the Owner's Beast Hook in a 4/0. This hook is available in a weighted and unweighted version. These are the 2 hooks I run an EZ Swimmer on if it isn't on a Flashy Swimmer or a swim jig. 

I like to Super Glue any plastic that won't stay in place

• Like 1

I use a ton of the EZ and Big EZ swimbaits and I agree that a twistlock is 100% the way to go with them.  I swap out to a large centerpin on the Big EZ’s and get incredible plastic life, the baits more or less last until the tail gets bit off.