I just cashed out a couple hundred in Cabelas gift cards from work and figured I needed a new spinning rod for wading creeks for smallies. Keep in mind, I am talking creeks my daughter can cast across with a Zebco. I was using a Deep South 6'6" M Elite Tubes rod and, while it did the job well, I wanted a shorter rod. Bass Pro had the St. Croix Eyecon 6'3" M and I figured it would work based upon the flex, feel and light weight. Last Monday, I took the rod on a wading trip again with my son to a different river. It works for what I want to do, perfectly. It tosses mid sized walking baits, small buzzbaits up to 1/4, Super Fluke Jrs and HiDef Craws on a light jighead. If you're looking for a new stick, give these a gander. I think you'll dig them.

• Like 3

I need a wading setup and am a huge St. Croix fanboy anyways, so I might give it a try. What size and brand reel are you using with it? What size jighead are you throwing with your craws?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TBAG said:

I need a wading setup and am a huge St. Croix fanboy anyways, so I might give it a try. What size and brand reel are you using with it? What size jighead are you throwing with your craws?

Well, right now, a 2500 Sedona FB with all new internals, new SS bearings and carbontex drag washers. The heads that Tackle HD designed for the 3" craw are 3/16oz. I also toss it on 1/8oz Chompers stand up heads. Today, I was using this setup to toss Damiki Dolphins and Megabass Dog X Speed Slides on a small river.