ohboyitsrobby

Honda outboard prop

So I've been looking at this 97 champion 202 with an 06 Honda 225. The prop that on it is not ideal. It'll only run about 54-55 and turn 5200. I know a lot of boat guys and exactly 0 have experience with Honda's. Do any of you guys have any experience or suggestions? Thanks

Do you know the rpm range of the outboard?..what's the pitch of the prop on outboard?..

I've read that it should max redline about 6k. The prop is some weird 4 blade stainless that looks like it should go on a 50 hp. I don't know what pitch or width

I've been told some places will let you try different props before buying it til you find what works best. If you have that opposition that's what I would do. A 4 bllade prop gives you better hole shot but you lose some top speed. A 3 blade gives you more speed but doesn't get on plane as quick. If you increas your pitch your outboard rpm will drop, less pitch will increas your outboards rpm. Since you're only getting 5200 rpm I would go with a prop with less pitch to get the rpms up. Idk what to tell you about going with either a 3 or 4 blade prop. I would stay with stainless if you can. Hope some of this helps you out.

Also, the pitch should be stamped on the prop. My prop is a 10 pitch and has 10p stamped on it

Honda should certainly be able to tell you what the optimum RPM is for that engine and if you pull the prop and look on either the outside edge, or the inside edge the size of the prop will be stamped.  The Honda folks will also be of help in recommending a good size prop for your engine.