Bigassbass

Rod fit for Shamano Stradic C14+ 2500 reel

OK I just bought myself a new fishing reel and I'm looking for a rod, yes Shamano would be ok but which one?  What other rods will match, I'll be fishing for bass with spinners, top water, worms and anything I think they'll bite.  What suggestions do you have?

Congrat's on a great reel!  How much do you want to spend on the rod?  I'm a SC fanboy so for <$ 150.00 I like the Mojo Bass.  Around $ 200.00 is the AVID series which IMO is the best combination of performance/price all the way up to the LEGEND ELITE or LEGEND XTREME which are $ 400.00 and up.

Hey, welcome to Bass Resource and the Forums @Bigassbass. Not sure what you rod budget is, but for $159.99 (TW) a Shimano Curado 7’1” medium action rod or bump up to a Zodias 7’ medium heavy. A rod and reel made specially to be used as a pair is pretty nice. Granted, there are a multitude of options on both ends of the manufacturer and cost scale...

I just bought the 1000 size of that exact reel and stuck it in a Zodias 7ft medium light. Only been out a couple times, but so far it's been a SPECTACULAR rod. Since it's my only spinner, it's all the advice I got. But as said above, you cant ever go wrong with a St.Croix