Jump to content
A-Jay

20 August 2019 ~ Fishing Pontoon Alley (video)

Recommended Posts

Got out on local Lake Menderchuck for a couple of hours before sunset. 

This area has seen some fairly stiff wind for few days. 

The kind I can’t really fish effectively in which has kept me & the Pro-V bass boat on the beach.  

I was surprised and glad when I got out this afternoon that the wind had finally let up.

The recreational boating deals had not however. 

No biggie, and par for the course. 

Caught a few smaller ones and it felt pretty good.

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pontoons are a menace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Pontoons are a menace.

They're just doing what they do.

When I choose to be there when they do it - That's on me.

#labordayiscoming

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't change my opinion of most of them.  Did I mention I have a pontoon, lol.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J Francho said:

Doesn't change my opinion of most of them.  Did I mention I have a pontoon, lol.

I had one too....for three months, then my G3 said “it’s me or the pontoon” sold the pontoon for a profit so good riddance. 

 

Pontoons are a menace. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I just watched the video. 

 

1: Please tell me that person in control of the pontoon was under the age of 21.

 

2: I’m going to steal your comment when you were asked if you were catching anything. 😂

 

3: I wish I were whitty like you to come up with that so quick, absolutely priceless! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hahahahhaaa ...... "I can catch you"

Then Mr. Pontoon has the gall to say you missed me?

 

Glad, you're such a level headed guy and he's pretty lucky of that fact too

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BassNJake said:

hahahahhaaa ...... "I can catch you"

Then Mr. Pontoon has the gall to say you missed me?

 

Glad, you're such a level headed guy and he's pretty lucky of that fact too

 

 

 

 

The voice....belonged to 'woman'.

I'd guess at least half a certury of tar & nicotine on her part, may have contributed to the confusion.  I knew what to expect.  Clearly these folks were set on not disappointing me.

:smiley:

A-Jay 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

I had one too....for three months, then my G3 said “it’s me or the pontoon” sold the pontoon for a profit so good riddance. 

 

Pontoons are a menace. 

I’m probably keeping it. It serves a purpose. We do some sand bar relaxing with friends and we’re looking to buy a cottage on an island with no car access, so it will come in handy for that. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was hilarious!!!! Two guys in an old bass boat with a 70 evinrude came way closer than that to us last night. I thought they were going to ask us for something or strike up a conversation. They both said something rather lengthy as they drove by and all 3 of us in my boat couldnt understand a single word! They were smiling so hopefully it was friendly haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A-Jay, that's gonna be a 2 minute fish landing violation followed by a 2 minute fish release violation. LOL

 

Good video!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny. Laughed pretty hard at the L “loser” drag comment but laughed even harder after the pontoon commentary. “I could catch you” lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TnRiver46 said:

That was hilarious!!!! Two guys in an old bass boat with a 70 evinrude came way closer than that to us last night. I thought they were going to ask us for something or strike up a conversation. They both said something rather lengthy as they drove by and all 3 of us in my boat couldnt understand a single word! They were smiling so hopefully it was friendly haha

Being a northerner, there are times I dont have a clue what some of the locals are saying

By me there's a guy they call "Pick", he's the guy you call when you need a load of gravel, firewood, your pool filled, when you need a tow truck, the guy for moonshine .... he does it all; except speak english so you can understand

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BassNJake said:

Being a northerner, there are times I dont have a clue what some of the locals are saying

By me there's a guy they call "Pick", he's the guy you call when you need a load of gravel, firewood, your pool filled, when you need a tow truck, the guy for moonshine .... he does it all; except speak english so you can understand

We had a guy like that in my club.  He went by "Critter" 😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally was able to watch this vid. Great stuff as always. 

 

So funny, “ I could catch you”, “You missed me”, “I wasn’t really trying”

 

Pleasure boaters and kayakers have no clue to a fisherman’s casting skills. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NYWayfarer said:

Finally was able to watch this vid. Great stuff as always. 

 

So funny, “ I could catch you”, “You missed me”, “I wasn’t really trying”

 

Pleasure boaters and kayakers have no clue to a fisherman’s casting skills. 

Thanks for the kind words & the support - I really appreciate it. 

Seems there may be some type of obscure MI state boating law that requires all pontoon boat operators to approach every bass boat they encounter at a distance of no less than 75 feet.  

And the penalty for non-compliance must be severe because they all certainly abide by it - religiously.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video. I look forward to your video posts, very relaxing, great narrating, and you always make me laugh. Thank you. 

 

Anybody notice the bug that zips across the screen at 2:22 into 2:23. It looks like it goes behind A jay, thought it was a UFO or something. It seemed to move so fast. Just a bug in the foreground.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...