endless

Favorite deep diving crank?

On 9/8/2019 at 8:58 PM, WRB said:

Not familiar with your rod make, the DD22 and 6XD may need a MH +/5 power crankbait rod or you willbe fighting the lure.

Tom

I just got this rod... it’s the one they recommended for cranks in my price range... I have a Crucial as well but sure that one is just M. 

heck I had to go look at the Crucial lol it’s a 7’M- MF.. 

Only MH I know I have that I know of are my Carbon light and Pro Qualifier. 

The pic is the rod specs.  

A16197C7-5236-4CA7-9298-BA152F2D4AFF.jpeg

The 6th Sense line up what’s y’all favorite color?? Heck what yall’s favorite color for deep divers?? I’ve read white  or dark.. so is chartreuse still a great choice or or not so great deep? 

19 minutes ago, endless said:

so is chartreuse still a great choice or or not so great deep? 

Yes .   I use firetiger a lot . Often I select  color  by  what becomes untangled first .

The only way you will know how the rod performs with various crankbaits is go fishing and try them.

Caution: the bait monkey invented crank baits.

Colors can be confusing way too many choices.

Where I fish the water clarity is good and both LMB and Smallmouth are sight feeders so using colors similar to the Threadfin Shad baitfish and crawdads are high percentage colors; ghost pearl white with silver stripes and dark brown/black with red. The problem is nearly every color will catch some bass, each lake will have it's predominate color.

Tom

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WRB said:

The only way you will know how the rod performs with various crankbaits is go fishing and try them.

Caution: the bait monkey invented crank baits.

Colors can be confusing way too many choices.

Where I fish the water clarity is good and both LMB and Smallmouth are sight feeders so using colors similar to the Threadfin Shad baitfish and crawdads are high percentage colors; ghost pearl white with silver stripes and dark brown/black with red. The problem is nearly every color will catch some bass, each lake will have it's predominate color.

Tom

Hopefully the rod does well if not I guess I’ll try my other rods. I need to get another reel so I can switch my Curado back to my Crucial rod.

I've had luck at the Lake by the house with Chartreuse. I haven’t tried any other color choice like Bluegill. The lake as I know does not have any shad and their not sure if will stick any from what I’ve read.

looking at 6th Sense man they got some beautiful color choices but not in all depth far as lures...

16 minutes ago, endless said:

The lake as I know does not have any shad and their not sure if will stick any from what I’ve read.

Doesnt make a bit of difference , shad patterns  still looks like   baitfish .  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, scaleface said:

Doesnt make a bit of difference , shad patterns  still looks like   baitfish .  

I didn’t think so but was wondering should I target other bait fish like bluegills, crappie.. 

I was looking at this one

8B62D84F-C3DF-4B69-8149-8CE89BCAD551.png

That looks like s good one . I have a lot of success on baits with a flash of chartreuse like that one . My all time favorite squarebill has a color scheme very similar .

• Like 1