gypsyking

Is it just me or do florida strain largemouth fight differently than northern ones?

On September 13, 2019 at 7:26 AM, the reel ess said:

I can tell a difference in how the fish fight between locations of FL bass. I can tell a difference between different seasons at the same location. I'm in SC so I doubt I've ever caught a northern strain largie. 

Florida strain largemouth bass are not native to South Carolina, northern strain LMB and Red Eye bass are. According to SC DNR the coastal Santee Copper lakes since the early 80's have a population of FLMB and mixed FLMB/NLMB intergrades along the coastal regions, the northern and western regions are NLMN strain.

California all bass species are non-native and introduced from other states.

Tom

22 hours ago, WRB said:

Florida strain largemouth bass are not native to South Carolina, northern strain LMB and Red Eye bass are. According to SC DNR the coastal Santee Copper lakes since the early 80's have a population of FLMB and mixed FLMB/NLMB intergrades along the coastal regions, the northern and western regions are NLMN strain.

California all bass species are non-native and introduced from other states.

Tom

I fish a good many places that are privately stocked. What would they most likely be?

2 minutes ago, the reel ess said:

I fish a good many places that are privately stocked. What would they most likely be?

You need to check with the folks who do the stocking.

Your Local DNR will know as they regulate fish stocking to prevent introduction of invasive fish.

Anglers tend to move fish around "bucket stocking" that is illegal nearly everywhere today, not sure about South Carolina laws.

Tom