Jump to content
clipper

Website for ethanol free gas locations

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, WPCfishing said:

I have a station near me that sells it. I'd like to buy but not for $20.00 a gallon.

I'll stick with marine Stabil... 

That is ridicules, stations here have it for 3.10 a gallon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 10, 2016 at 11:28 AM, geo g said:

That is ridicules, stations here have it for 3.10 a gallon.

Wow, I'd be all over that fuel..  It's probably taxes. RI is wicked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

California only has 18 stations.  All extreme north or extreme south.  I'm in the middle.  Rats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Redlinerobert said:

California only has 18 stations.  All extreme north or extreme south.  I'm in the middle.  Rats.

Most of California doesn't sell Ethanol gas. Yes they have it but our everyday gas we buy is Ethanol free as California does not import gas from other states and must refine the gas used in CA in CA.  That's why we get to pay such higher prices for our special summer and winter blends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you're saying the Chevron 91 octane I put in my motor is ethanol free? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Redlinerobert said:

So you're saying the Chevron 91 octane I put in my motor is ethanol free? 

I believe so.  The only ethanol at most stations around here have that stupid green leaf pump stating that it's ethanol.....and unless it's printed on the pump that it contains ethanol, then it is ethanol free.  And being that you have to refine corn to get ethanol, I don't see our state passing any new laws letting them build a new refinery for that when they won't even let us import gas from other states.  Yep gotta love those high gas prices we pay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could be right.  I see nothing on Ethanol and Chevron 91 in California. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2016 at 0:08 AM, Redlinerobert said:

You could be right.  I see nothing on Ethanol and Chevron 91 in California. 

 

Sorry to jump in, but found California is not required to label their ethanol gasoline. So be careful with that 91 octane:

http://www.fuel-testers.com/state_guide_ethanol_laws.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:34 PM, Avalonjohn44 said:

 

Sorry to jump in, but found California is not required to label their ethanol gasoline. So be careful with that 91 octane:

http://www.fuel-testers.com/state_guide_ethanol_laws.html

 

Well that's disappointing.  Not surprising though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an FYI, all Stewarts Shops in northern NY have ethanol-free premium (91 octane).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone update this list?

I live in southern WV and ran across a Gas station/bait & tackle shop, and they do sale ethonal free gas and I would like to pass it on. 

I'm not very computer savvy, but here's the info if someone could get it on the site.

 

J&J Kountry Korner

Rt-16 Crab Orchard WV

304-253-4583

It's a Citgo station

 

Any help with this would be appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure Gas also has an App for Iphone or Android.

 

I want to add--This goes for basically everyone but especially for those of you that use or must use 93 octane as I do . BUY only from name brand gas stations that sell a lot of gas. Remember Phase Separation occurs at around 30 days. Doesn't matter if the gas is in your boat or in a stations tank--it still happens. Why name brand? Many of them treat their gas already to prevent phase separation AND they do not cut corners when it comes to filtration at the tank. Do you really think a Mom and Pop independent station would spend thousands on a filtration system and the annual costs to maintain them!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2017 at 5:48 PM, Bulletman20XD said:

Pure Gas also has an App for Iphone or Android.

 

I want to add--This goes for basically everyone but especially for those of you that use or must use 93 octane as I do . BUY only from name brand gas stations that sell a lot of gas. Remember Phase Separation occurs at around 30 days. Doesn't matter if the gas is in your boat or in a stations tank--it still happens. Why name brand? Many of them treat their gas already to prevent phase separation AND they do not cut corners when it comes to filtration at the tank. Do you really think a Mom and Pop independent station would spend thousands on a filtration system and the annual costs to maintain them!!!

 

I was talking to a friend that works in a hardware that repairs small engines. He said that he gets a lot of engines to work on and most of them use the Mom and Pop gas station down the road. I noticed that when I used them, my boat didn't run as good. I went back to ethanol gas and it does great. I do use the additives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of the issues with ethanol most small engine shops will tell you don't use it. Because a small engine sets for long periods of time, phase separation is likely occur damaging the motor. So unless you run a small engine often, it's best to drain the gas out when you're done. You can find non-ethanol pre-mix in a can in many stores for small 2-strokes but it is expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the Quik Trips are selling it here in GA. Got it last week before the storm for 2 .69 gal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were vacationing in Ocean Springs MS and there was a gas station that only sold ethanol free gas. It was about 25 cents a gallon more than RUG in the area.

K50_4495.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the first I ever saw with just ethanol free.  I believe all the new WaWA have ethanol free pumps. Just look before pumping.  We have several in the Davie area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Wawa's here (jax, fl) have EF, but it's spendy.  The Gate stations also have it and the price is within a few cents of Mid-Grade.  I've actually started running it full time in my Ram 1500 5.7L and see about 3mph increase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...