NonPro YouTube Recommendations

@Skunkmaster-k Gene is always a good watch, now that it mention it, my feed rarely recommends him. Stupid algorithms

@MIbassyaker Nature of fishing is like the one channel I would actually financially support, truly informative. I know I've seen NDyakangler but can't remember, I'll checkem out again

Thanks

• Like 2

These are my favorites.  A warning ... they are all different forms of fishing, not all in English, and not just for bass:

Addicted Fishing

Creek Fishing Adventures

Enjoy Fishing Channel

Fish Hawk

Hardman Fishing Adventures

Tenkara Addict

The Ginger Fisherman

Ty PigPatrol

• Like 4

• Global Moderator

Most of my subs are local people, so I'll leave those out. About half of these are not bass fishing channels at all. 

Kristine Fischer

Greg Blanchard

Kayak Catfish

River Certified

PigPatrolTV

Nolan Minor

Damian Thao

All the rest of the 38 I follow are either pros (Mark Daniels and BLat), or local people. 

• Like 2

My favorites are Fishanything (mule fishing) and Aggressivelyaverageanglers (I don’t think either of these channels are professionals)

• Like 4

• Super User

Best non-pros

Nature of Fishing - I miss seeing Paul around here

Matt Johnson Outdoors - local guide, one of his prime lakes is Tonka and during open water he puts out weekly reports that also show what baits are catching them

Flopping Crappie - great stuff on targeting panfish.

Rest are pros or publishing houses (In-Fisherman, Babe Winkleman, etc)

• Like 1

I am still exploring YT for people to follow -- and I will take some suggestions from this post and check some of these channels out -- yet for now I follow (not all are Bass Fishing) --

-Chastenation Fishing

-Fishing Japanese Secret Angler Waki

-Gale Force Twins

-NDYakAngler (I am not a kayak fisherman but I enjoy the info. he shares and how calmly he explains things)

@MN Fisher since I live in MN I will check out Matt Johnson Outdoors and Nature of Fishing 

• Like 2

The Little Stuff

Anglers Anchor

Bass n Beer

The Handmade Fisherman

Benjamin Nowak

Marling Baits

River Smallmouth Adventures

• Like 2

You know, while your thumbing around for something to watch, might wanna check out this gal. She's a real simple down to earth no frills none pro YouTuber, Old Lady Angler. She's efficient as all can be, shows viewers what she is doing, where's she's fishing at, what she is fishing with, techniques and so forth. She's basically a kayaker but started out bank fishing. Her channel covers her excursions. She's caught some absolute monsters in some of these small back woods lakes that she fishes. 

• Like 5

• Super User
2 hours ago, Zcoker said:

You know, while your thumbing around for something to watch, might wanna check out this gal. She's a real simple down to earth no frills none pro YouTuber, Old Lady Angler. She's efficient as all can be, shows viewers what she is doing, where's she's fishing at, what she is fishing with, techniques and so forth. She's basically a kayaker but started out bank fishing. Her channel covers her excursions. She's caught some absolute monsters in some of these small back woods lakes that she fishes. 

Yeah that's a good channel, she's got a ton of passion and really puts in the work.   

I'm sure @ol'crickety would enjoy her stuff as well.   

• Like 2

• Super User
46 minutes ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

Yeah that's a good channel, she's got a ton of passion and really puts in the work.   

I'm sure @ol'crickety would enjoy her stuff as well.   

I know her. She bought a property quite close to where I live. 

• Like 5

• Global Moderator
15 hours ago, PaulVE64 said:

The Little Stuff

Anglers Anchor

Bass n Beer

The Handmade Fisherman

Benjamin Nowak

Marling Baits

River Smallmouth Adventures

Bass n beer fishes a lot of the same places I do 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zcoker said:

I can second this recommendation. I've been watching her videos for a while now and actually got the chance to meet her the other day that I ran into her out on the water. Real nice person and she puts out great content.

• Like 2

Well as far as information I get a lot from the Bass Resource videos. But there are some different techniques that I find interesting deep water fishing  I watch The Old Fisherman he has caught white bass,striper, largemouth and catfish in deep water. And lookout he uses FF sonar now. And I like to watch Brian Latimer when he is showing Zman stuff.

• Like 2

I'll add two I haven't seen yet:

Clayton Schick Outdoors - does a good job editing / filming and explaining how and why he's fishing the spots that he does.

EliasVFishing - mainly in-shore saltwater kayak stuff, something I've never done but would really like to try.

Wild Fly productions - Artsy fly fishing stuff, but high production value.

Lost Lakes - More artsy long form film stuff, more camping than fishing.  But good and chill to have on in the background.

I do like Greg Blanchard but man his fishing style gives me anxiety sometimes, especially when he cuts a bunch of his casts together.  Like, slow down dude!  A lot of the fishing youtubers are just too excitable and click-baity for me, though.