NonPro YouTube Recommendations

• Super User
8 hours ago, Glenn said:

it seems dang near every channel is eventually mentioned, but very rarely is Bassresource mentioned.

I think this is because we're posting at Bass Resource, so Bass Resource is a given because we're already here. 

8 hours ago, Glenn said:

There's just no way to appeal to everyone. Trust me, I have plenty of armchair critics in the Youtube comment section! LOL!

Having had three national columns, I know how that goes. Anyone who uses the Internet understands that there are Hot Pocketers, which is the term I use to describe the 31-year olds living with their mommies who, having no job or friends, live on Hot Pockets and trolling strangers. 

• Haha 1

@Glenn  I do watch a lot of your videos and one thing that I really enjoy is your detailed description of line, rod, reel, etc. Nothing annoys me more than searching for a specific type of rig and the guy doesn't say what pound line he's using or even how to fish it. Most of the time, the Go Pro or whatever camera is looking down at the reel and you have no idea if he's fishing that rig with a slow drag on the bottom or hopping it, etc. It's basically just the guy yelling "Got One!". 👎 I click off those in a matter of 20 seconds.

• Like 1

• Super User

Not a uTube watcher because the vast majority is BS.

I have watched every video the Glenn has produced for BR, don’t consider Glenn as a uTuber that is self promoting just sharing useful presentation and educational video’s.

Tom

• Like 2

• Super User

It seems to me that creators have really flooded the market for fishing content on youtube. There is an enormous number of people making videos that cater to almost every taste & Interest --educational how-tos, tournament trail stuff, technological info, gear & bait reviews, almost every species, humor, etc.  It seems like it must be much harder to stand out in the crowd than it used to be.  And while there is always clickbaity trash, and dumb stuff posted, I disagree with Tom that the vast majority is BS.  There is actually quite a lot of fishing content on youtube that's pretty good and watchable, especially if you dig a bit.  But time and attention is limited. I can follow any number of channels, but I'm not going to be able to see everything.

Glenn shouldn't feel bad that his videos aren't mentioned -- for my part, while I follow the BR channel on youtube, I find Glenn's videos mostly because they are linked here on this site.  This may sound weird, but because i don't usully access them while I'm browsing youtube, I don't really think of them as "youtube content", if you know what I mean, even though they are. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NorthernBasser said:

Obviously Tactical Bassin' is up there. I really like Mikey Balzz. Entertaining...catches some big ones. But also informative. 

Off-topic, but I'm looking forward to KVD growing his channel now that he has more downtime. 

I second this, Tactical bassin and Mikey are awesome!!!!

• Like 1

Your fishing shirt has your name on it. So to me you're a Pro. 

And you're as reasonable in your duties here, well done.

I think I'd buy life insurance off you.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 7:17 PM, Glenn said:

So...does everybody think I'm a pro, or they just don't like my videos? LOL Asking for a friend.

On 2/19/2024 at 7:49 PM, GrumpyOlPhartte said:

@Glenn:  In my opinion you don’t count.  Definitely in a class by yourself!!  Quality of production and info (not to mention breadth and depth of content) has been a constant source of info for me since I joined in 2017.  So, nope!  No comparison. Sorry.

I do enjoy your videos. No BS just good info. 

I watch many channels, and the "pros" are just trying to push the brands/manufacturers they are working for. I'm looking for info, tips, and different techniques. 

BTW another 👍 for Richard Gene! My kind of fisherman. 😉

7 hours ago, rboat said:

I second this, Tactical bassin and Mikey are awesome!!!!

I agree!!

I'd assume the Tactical Bassin guys are considered "pro", but they're my go-to for great info.

And yes... BassResource also on my list of "maybe pro"? sources. 🙂

Ladybass is good - I really like that she's also in S. Ontario.

TackleJunky81 has some good review stuff.

BassFishingHQ has great instructional content as well.

TylersReelFishing also has some great content.

For multi-species stuff...

Uncut Angling is good, but no new stuff anymore.  Their "39 Hours" Season 1 series was excellent. 

I've been watching a lot of Clayton Schick Outdoors recently, but that's for my spring pike fishing daydreams.