Sign in to follow this  
FishingBuds

Help on a struggling Greeny

am I correct that some rods just state power and not action? As a greeny on rods "frustrating" is a understatement.

Now what time I get at the fishen stores is limited with studying how they have the rods laid out, so you can sort thru what your after. Limited meaning-how other promotions are laid out for you to grab. so as you may know the bait monkey ends up making you a crazed whats new on the shelf idiot.

I know I need to purposely to go and read thru the rods :)

Compared to the budget shopping stores, I think the more expensive stores have a great layout on rods. They catagory them exactly and I'm able to walk up to what I'm intrested in.

We just got a GanderMountain and kudos to thier layout. How they have the rods catagoried is awsome for a greeny :)

I guess as I get more familiar with rod Power and action together ,I'll be able to pick up a bargain better ::)

But, Am i correct on this -labeling of power and action on rods(say at walmart) don't have both statements on the rods? compared to GM Thier rods state both on them right there?

Or am I greeny more than I know :-?

I think its safe to say that a rod labled only with the power is a fast action.

am I correct that some rods just state power and not action?

It depends

Some manufacturers label their rods with power and action ratings like Shimano, which are also encrypted in the model number.

Others label the power but not the action, however the action of the rod is labeled in the model number like Fenwick or St Croix for ex: Techna Av AVC60MM ( Moderate )

Others, your guess is as good as mine.  :-?

So you have different possible scenarios

1.- The customer hasn 't bothered to check the manufacturer 's website, goes to store sees rods and ...... it 's left with the I don't understand ? face

2.- Customer don 't know how to read the encryption on the model, looks at the encryption and ...... it 's left with the I don't understand ? face

3.- Store clerk knows nothing about rods ..... dude is always with the I don't understand ? face cuz to him a rod is "just a rod"

4.- Customer who hasn 't bothered to check the website and don 't know how to read the encryption asks clerk who knows nothing about rods and now ........ both have the I don't understand ? face

5.- Weeeeeeeellllllllllll, Walmart don 't always hires the most knowledgeable people in the subject in which you are interested ( this case rods ), if he/she were that knowledgeable he/she wouldn 't be woikin in Walmart for 5 dollars an hour. How you expected to the rods being layed out in a place like Walmart ?

am I correct that some rods just state power and not action?

It depends

Some manufacturers label their rods with power and action ratings like Shimano, which are also encrypted in the model number.

Others label the power but not the action, however the action of the rod is labeled in the model number like Fenwick or St Croix for ex: Techna Av AVC60MM ( Moderate )

Thanks Raul, I didn't know that :)