Sign in to follow this  
jrobi007

Re: Citica CI200DPV

I have never used the DPV model but own 2 200DSV's and love them both.  One of the best for the money and great for all applications.

Hmm, not sure about the deletion.  I'm a little confused about what's going on here.  

But, I do have one of these reels.  Unfortunately, I don't have a dsv to compare it to.  From what I understand, the only difference is the retrieve ratio (gearing) and the spool (to accomodate more line on the dsv).  I can't comment on the difference in casting, if there is one... but I enjoy using the reel because it casts really well.  As far as the retrieve, I like using it when casting lipless cranks and using spinnerbaits deep.  I find it's more comfortable to use than my higher retrieve reels when I want to control a lure at a slower rate.  As far as hookin' up, I've never had the chance to try it on a monster (that I can recall), but I can recall pulling a 6 lber out from under a dock last year with no sweat.  I've been very happy with the reel and would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a reel at that price.

thanks...you pretty much summed up what i was wanting to know.  I originaly had a post wanting to know if anyone was using this reel for crankbaits because i was thinking about buying one for my crankbait set up. There is no where around here that carries this reel so i just wanted some opinions from people who use it for crankbaits. thanks

still wondering where my original post went... :-?

Paul,

Perhaps you deleted your own message, otherwise I don't know what happened. Your post was not deleted by the Moderators.

-Kent a.k.a. roadwarrior

Global Moderator