Sign in to follow this  
ArcticCat500

Crucial decission.

I've decided to go Crucial, Im looking to add 2 more. If the Crucial guys had to pick 2, what would they be?   I got a line on a CRC-D70M and courious what else I should add. Setting them up with Curados.

Thanks

My favorite worm rod Shimano Crucial CRC-X610MH  :D

Length: 6' 10

Line: 10-20 lb

Lure: 3/8-3/4

Power: Medium Heavy

Action: Extra Fast

What baits do you plan on using with these rods? I use the CRC-70MH for Jigging and i use the CRC-X610MH for all of my T-Rigs and Buzz/Spinnerbaits.

I was going to use the CRC-D70M for Senko's and baits alike, the other 2 would be a topwater and something for spinnerbaits, would like to have an all around goto rod that could most anything.  I use 14 to 17lb test.

Thanks.

If you go here http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0030802119430a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=crucial&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=crucial&noImage=0

You can see what applications the rods work best with. For a topwater rod i would suggest a M/M OR MH/M in 6'6'' or 7. For an all around rod i think a 6'6'' or 7' MH/F or XF rod would be perfect. The CRC-X610MH is what i use for spinner/buzzbaits. Take a look at the link i provided and just check the "uses", it will help you decide.

The cabela's link is alright, but you might want to visit SHimano's site and download the catalog for free.

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/catalogs.html

The Cabela's link while helpful, does not give the full picture.  For example, at Cabela's it says that the CRC-X610MH rod, which I have is recommended for buzzbaits. That is true, but the rod is also designed for spinnerbaits, Texas rigs, jigs and Flukes.

Love my crucial!

The cabela's link is alright, but you might want to visit SHimano's site and download the catalog for free.

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/catalogs.html

The Cabela's link while helpful, does not give the full picture.  For example, at Cabela's it says that the CRC-X610MH rod, which I have is recommended for buzzbaits. That is true, but the rod is also designed for spinnerbaits, Texas rigs, jigs and Flukes.

Love my crucial!

Wow :D. That is very helpful, good post!