Sign in to follow this  
Bassboss

Quantum Accurist CX (modified)?

What do y'all think of this reel, worth the cash It would be this or a BPS extreme reel, both the same amount of money, I read the reviews on tackle tour, looks like a great reel and could give the BPS extreme reel a run for its money!

So how is it vs. the BPS reel?

(Sorry about the mass of reel questions, :-/ but X-mas is coming up and I'm still trying to find a good reel under 100$)

I saw that some people said it would be a toss up between the Quantum Accurist CX and the BPS reel, well wound it be different if the Accurist CX was $40.00? :-?

I have 2 of these and love them both. They are excellent reels for the money, and the external centrifugal adjustment is the best. I can't comment on the BPS reel, I have never owned one. Their are alot of guys on here that praise the BPS Extreme. I think you would be happy with either one, but my vote goes for the Accurist CX.

I have 2 of these and love them both. They are excellent reels for the money, and the external centrifugal adjustment is the best. I can't comment on the BPS reel, I have never owned one. Their are alot of guys on here that praise the BPS Extreme. I think you would be happy with either one, but my vote goes for the Accurist CX.

Thanks for the input!

I own several Accurists but they are the older model. I haven't had any problems with them (except one which was caused by user error). My brother, mobydick, has one and likes it.

Keep in mind the '08 model is the last for the Accurist, moving forward, the Burst and the Code (price wise) are replacing the Accurist. Spec wise, the Catalyst is the replacement.

I've never used a BPS reel so I can't comment on them.

I have fished both the accurist cx and the extreme. and ownestly if i had to choose it would just be a toss up. both reels are good reals for the price. but if i had to get a new reel now. i would try to find one the accurist pts on sale for around the same price if possible. they are better then both the cx and the extremes imo. try cabelas or ebay to find one cheap. quantum discontinued them for 09 so they should be dirt cheap.

ACT FAST!!!

Gander MTN is selling the last of it's 2008 Energy PT's for $99.95, Dick's Spoting Good's $119.99.

The Accurist is a very good reel, haven't used a BPS either.  My favorite so far is the Energy PT.

My favorite so far is the Energy PT.

Ditto!

btw, Quantum has updated their website and you can see the whole Quantum line up (with MSRP's) so you can compare reel spec's and pricing as well.

last week i bought the accurist pts (saltwater) for the ridiculously low price of 89 dollars. the bps price on this reel is 149!

look around. i got the scoop that apparently quantum got all their accurists back from box stores (wal mart) now  that they discontinued them and are selling them to private stores dirt cheap. check ebay and your local tacle store. obviously some outfitters are still selling what they have for cheap.

i frkn LOVE my new accurist and if i can find more i will get them. its performed flawless in both salt and fresh water in the two weeks ive had it. it feels strong and smooth and casts like a wet dream. if you can get the regular accurist pt  for cheap i would jump all over it.

EXTREME!!!!

Nuff said :)

You know, some how I had a feeling you would say that. And despite the price difference, I think I'll have to get the extreme.

But if anyone what's to convince me other wise, feel free!!!