Sign in to follow this  
Big Bait Fishing

phantom red power pro ......

is it true that red dissapears in the water below a certain depth ??? would that make the red line superior to any other color line ?? i know other companies state this about red line but is it a sales gimmick or is it true ??? . was wondering cause i was interested in trying the phantom red power pro , i hear there was issues with dye bleed but it's fixed now so should i try it or stick with moss green ???

I am using 40 lb (10 lb dia) red PP on 3 of my baitcast reels.  The box I have, the red has bled & it stains your fingers.  I feel that the red does stand out more but I've mostly used the line for fast moving baits or top water, like frog fishing.  So the fish I guess really don't see the color.

I noticed that the red also fades a bit faster than the green PP.  I've colored the first 6' of the red line w/ a black marker.

I mostly bought the red braid to go w/ my red spool Zillion 7.1 & 2008 Daiwa Advantage baitcast reel that also has a red spool.  It really looks sharp on the reels.  The third reel that I put the line on is on my BPS Extreme 7.1 baitcast reel.

The way I understand what red does in different depths, it does not disappear, but turns black.

It was just one spool of the red PP I bought, but in the future I'll be buying green.  

well i guess they didn't fix it yet ( the red from bleeding ) . i know spiderwire has a red braid but i tried some of the green spiderwire stealth and the stuff broke off on two fish in the same day , needless to say that when i got home i stripped the line and threw it in the trash . i love power pro , but have thinking to get some of the spiderwire camo inthe 6 lb to put on my crappie poles . i know , kinda sounds like im a hipocrit cause i didn't like the 20# green spiderwire stealth that broke on me but am willing to give it another try , but the only reason i want to get it is cause thats the only braid i know of that comes in 6# ....  :)