Sign in to follow this  
Dan:

TD-Pro vs. Citica E

I've been researching rods and reels for a new combo and up until now I knew I would be getting a Citica E but while I was at Bass Pro Shop today I saw a Daiwa called the TD-Pro that is made exclusively for BPS. It seemed pretty solid, light, and it looks d*#n sexy with a black matte finish. Does anyone have experience with the Td-Pro or know anything about it? I know sometimes the "exclusive" reels are just dressed up junk so I just want to make sure that I don't get crap instead of a Citica.

some people liked the reels, most people said that they bought it because of looks and were very dissapointed, read the reviews and i think you'll do best with the citica e :)

I've been exclusively Abu Garcia for twenty-five years. This year I got a TD-Pro and I couldn't be happier with it. It casts great, and has a smooth drag. I've never used a Citica, however the TD-Pro is close second to my Revo's. I think it's a quality reel and a bargain at $120.00.

Good luck,

Falcon

Dan, I have a TD-Pro You can try out. Call me and we will make plans for you to try it.

Oh cool, thanks Rob. Are you free anytime this week? I am free up until Thursday but then I'll be back Saturday and Sunday also.

What are your thoughts on it?