Sign in to follow this  
luvfishing

Daiwa baitcater

hi, i just bought a Daiwa strikeforce 100H reel, Problem is it didnt come with a manual on setting it  up, this is my first baitcaster. any help would be great.

The manuals that come with the diawas are useless. They tell you to loosen the backlash tension screw until no end play in the spool and start with 10 on the magnetic brake and decrease as you get better at casting. Bull ! I would put on whatever lure on and just adjust the backlash tension screw till the weight of the lure just drops from gravity.As for the magnetic brake, I would leave it at 5 unless youre casting into the wind where you could go to 2 or 3 .I have a couple of diawa mega force and black widow reels that this works on.

The one on the right side , same side as the crankin handle but not attached to it.

If it has a magnetic brake , its on the left side, my diawa millionaire does not have one.

The manuals that come with the diawas are useless. They tell you to loosen the backlash tension screw until no end play in the spool and start with 10 on the magnetic brake and decrease as you get better at casting. Bull ! I would put on whatever lure on and just adjust the backlash tension screw till the weight of the lure just drops from gravity.As for the magnetic brake, I would leave it at 5 unless youre casting into the wind where you could go to 2 or 3 .I have a couple of diawa mega force and black widow reels that this works on.

IMO, to get the best performance out of a daiwa with a free floating spool is to make sure there is some endplay in the spool then learn to cast the reel. once you get used to the reel youll find the thing cast like a dream.