Is it possible to interchange spools or swap spools on the revo sx and the revo winch?

What about gearing, can that be swapped out? Id love to see the SX in 5:1, especially for cranking differnet weighted lipless cranks to match the hatch without having to take the sideplate off and having to fiddle around with magnets. The gunmetel looks great and matches any rod where is the silvery blue of the which is kinda tacky only really matches the Croix LTB.  

The main and pinion gears are most likely interchangeable with the SX.  The spool?  Probably not.  The winch offers the 6 pin centrifugal brake, the SX, the linear mag.  You would have to remove the mag brake assembly from the SX palm plate for the Winch spool to work.  Whether that's doable is questionable.  

I just changed out the spool and brake assemblies between an s and sx, and that worked great.  Didn't do anything with the gears though.

I just changed out the spool and brake assemblies between an s and sx, and that worked great.  Didn't do anything with the gears though.

Did you try to simply swap out the brake sideplates 1st?  Seems like that would be easier, though they wouldn't match the bodies.

Yup.  The little teardrop collar that the sx dial rotates in is just glued in.  Very carefully pried it out.  Did the same thing with the dummy plate on the s.  Cleaned the old glue off of side plate and caps with a little knife and dabbed some super glue in the recess where the plates sat and carefully reglued them in place on opposite endcaps.  Swapped fully assembled spools and brake assemblies inside the caps.  Unless I missed something, which is possible, I have a centrifugal sx and magnetic s.  I only did this because I have a Gblanks that I wanted a black s on.

Black shoes and belt should compliment that centrifugal SX nicely.

Just kidding, man!  ;D

How about some pics of the convo?

I'm at my office now, but when I get home I can throw some on.  Check this evening, I'll have them up by 9 cen.

BTW, I'm not dark at heart, but black makes me feel cool! ;D

So by putting the linear mag brake assy on the S reel you basically ruined it.   :)

Good job on the SX reel.  Now it'll cast like a reel should cast.   ;)

I was pretty sure I would get someone to shake their head at me. ;D  I promise not to tinker with my Patriarch though  :)

I was pretty sure I would get someone to shake their head at me. ;D I promise not to tinker with my Patriarch though :)

Why would you need to tinker with the Patriarch?  It's made so anyone can cast it.

toddler_noah_jan07_400.jpg

Any one know the cost of the revo s side plate, spool and brake assembly? Would like to try this on my 7'2"cumara-sx jigging combo!! But I really want the sx spool on the winch, it should be easier casting lighter cranks with the lighter spool, correct?

I'd simply contact Abu service.  Mikes is in Canada, BTW.

Abu Garcia

Pure Fishing USA

1900 18th Street

Spirit Lake, IA 51360

Tel: 1.800.228.4272

Email: abugarcia@purefishing.com

How about some pics of the convo?
Thanks.  Nice work :)