Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

G-Loomis reduced prices. (not joking this time)

I went to a local tackle shop, here in Palm Beach County, Florida, today to buy another Loomis.  I was deciding between the MBR 843 GLX and IMX when I noticed the price tags.  The IMX was $245 and the GLX was $345.  EVERY store I've come across list the IMX for $270 and the GLX for $385 plus shipping if you can't find it locally.

This particular store has a rather large selection of Loomis' to choose from.  If anyone wants to take advantage of these prices then let me know which model and I will pick it up and ship it to you.  All you pay for is the rod and shipping.  (I'm on 3 weeks vacation so I don't mind running a few errands for you peeps)

Thanks Bassn, I don't need one but curious as to which store.  I heard a new Dicks opened up on 441 & Southern.

Thanks Bassn, I don't need one but curious as to which store. I heard a new Dicks opened up on 441 & Southern.

Boynton Beach Fisherman Supply on Federal Highway 2 or 3 blocks south of Boynton Beach Blvd.

I drove by Dicks about a week ago and it was still closed but appeared to be opening real soon.  I heard Dicks doesn't carry many good named brand items though.

I stop at Boynton several times a month, I fish the inlet most days. I do know he has a decent Loomis selection, but I as I'm not in the market I seldom look at the rods and reels. I walk in buy some terminal tackle, jigs and spoons and thats about it. He is more geared for saltwater.

I buy his generic spoons 1/4- 2 oz, way better than krocs and only $2.50

I appreciate the info.

Talked to a bud at the inlet yesterday and said he was at the Dicks, they are open.

There's one Tackle Shop...want to say in Boise, Anglers Habitat (and a few others)...that sales G Loomis on eBay for a good price and offers free shipping most of the time.  Mostly fresh tho, don't find to many Saltwater rods from Loomis on eBay. Check them out  

go to www.ohya.com and login: customer password: preferred and you can get GLX's in the $270- $280 range.  They also have some IMX and others at awesome prices.

go to www.ohya.com and login: customer password: preferred and you can get GLX's in the $270- $280 range. They also have some IMX and others at awesome prices.

I ordered from thesae guys and got a MBR782 IMX for $188.00 with free shipping. They have some great deals.

So Dick's is open?? :-?

I guess.  I'm gonna get cleaned up and drive over there to check it out.

This has been the worst 2 weeks I've experienced in Florida in the past 4 years.

2 snook in the last 4 weeks and that was last week.  I've been working beaches, bridges, sea walls and the inlet on the outgoing almost every morning.  Have heard of only as few caught on live recently.  Some spanish mackeral around, but never when I'm there, haha.  Even the freshwater bite has been bad around me lately, water is a bit high now.  I gotta move to Costa Rica.

This has been the worst 2 weeks I've experienced in Florida in the past 4 years.

2 snook in the last 4 weeks and that was last week. I've been working beaches, bridges, sea walls and the inlet on the outgoing almost every morning. Have heard of only as few caught on live recently. Some spanish mackeral around, but never when I'm there, haha. Even the freshwater bite has been bad around me lately, water is a bit high now. I gotta move to Costa Rica.

Oughta stay in the freshwater! We've been killin' it the past couple days! My brother who never fishes caught an 8 pounder the other day, and me and a buddy caught over 35 the past 2 days!

Lemme know if you get back soon, might go check it out later on tonight!

Sorry I'm responding so late but got home from Dicks just a little while ago.  The store wasn't too bad.  The fishing dept needs some work.  Very SMALL selection of Culprit worms.  Bid selection of Zoom and Yamamoto Senkos.   No Tru-tungsten weights.  No straight shank worm hooks but have many others.  Limited selection of Lucky Craft lures but I bought 3 anyway.  Baitcasting reel selection sucks, no high end ,$250+, Shimanos.

Ehh, that sucks. I'll probably still stop by and check it out after work today.

Edit: Just got back, now I can get Cavitron's locally! Hooray! 8-)

They have a few Xcalibur One Knockers as well...

go to www.ohya.com and login: customer password: preferred and you can get GLX's in the $270- $280 range. They also have some IMX and others at awesome prices.

They must not have liked this getting out.  They do not offer the discount anymore to this login.

They must not have liked this getting out. They do not offer the discount anymore to this login.

I tried as well. I had my eye on a new MBR 844c IMX.  :'(

They must not have liked this getting out. They do not offer the discount anymore to this login.

they've been kinda swamped lately.  8-)

log it in your favorites...he does this once or twice a year.