Sign in to follow this  
Smeagol_hates_taters

Gander Mountain Baitcaster

Wondering if anyone has owned or any thing good/bad to say about the

Gander Mountain Tournament Baitcast Reel Item No 410568.

I would link it but I am too new to the boards to create links. This would be my first baitcasting reel and it seems a good deal for the money.

The one in that pic is owned by my GFs father  :-[

im not to fond of gander housebrand stuff imo its just not quality,if you have a basspro or cabelas near you imo i think youd be better off going with one of there combos,only for the fact that they have more to offer you,have specific combos for whatever your targeting or tackle your using also their warranties and customer service/help i would think will be better then gander,but thats just my $.02,i also find that gander is overpriced ALOT,atleast the one by me is.heres the link for that reel for anyone else

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=410568&pdesc=Gander_Mountain_Tournament_Baitcast_Reel&merchID=4005&str=410568&from=search

p.s i also wouldnt want a baitcaster with a  graphite frame,thats doomed to failure if you use it alot and are catching large fish,it will flex all sorts of funky ways with it being a graphite frame,try to find an aluminum frame in a baitcaster.

I actually looked at their house reels earlier this year when I needed to quickly/cheaply retire a couple of OLD Quantums. For about $10 more each I chose the Diawa Excelor. The Excelor does have an aluminum frame and 8 bearings. So far both have done well. FWIW, I have had very good luck with Gander's house rods. Good luck!