Sign in to follow this  
fishslayer11

HOW DO YOU.......

How do you attract more and bigger fish to your brush? I herd someone say that some people put out dog food to attract bait fish. But i didnt know if this was true or not. But i was also wondering other ways that people attract more fish to thier brush, or just to get bait fish near it. Please REPLY!

Thanks,

Evan

i throw corn out theodd time i go carp fishing.but for bass?i like to lokk for them.its part of the hunt.not making them come to you.just seems strange.if the cover is good and the conditions are right they will use it,without adding anything.

probably didnt help much im sorry.good luck:)

A brush pile automatically attracts algae eaters which in turn attract small predators, which in turn attract game fish.

Commercial, electronic timed bait feeders are available.  They may be fine for a private pond, or mounted on a dock, but they are visible to everyone and will attract fishermen as well as fish.

I would think you'd have to feed on a regular basis to hold the baitfish at the brush pile.

Years ago I read about an interesting way to "feed" baitfish without you having to do it every day.

Get meat trimmings, road kill, fish trimmings, etc.  Put them in a mesh bag, and hang from a branch over the water.

The blow flies will lay their eggs, and the maggots will drop into the water as they hatch.  Automatic feeding for days, and it will not add to the fly population.

The bugaboo is to hang it where it's not easily visible, and over water deep enough for your brush pile.

Years ago I read about an interesting way to "feed" baitfish without you having to do it every day.

Get meat trimmings, road kill, fish trimmings, etc. Put them in a mesh bag, and hang from a branch over the water.

The blow flies will lay their eggs, and the maggots will drop into the water as they hatch. Automatic feeding for days, and it will not add to the fly population.

The bugaboo is to hang it where it's not easily visible, and over water deep enough for your brush pile.

That is a really good idea, wow thats neat.

I usually only chum the water when fishing for cat... I'll throw a few handfulls of corn and dinner bell fish chum out into the current where I am fishing.  Then stick some cut bait on line and toss it out.