Sign in to follow this  
JWallin

Triline XL

Has anyone had bad luck with getting any bad Triline XL lately. I have bought 3 spools that were bad lately. You can see defects in it when you hold it to light. I took it and had a guy who owns a tackle shop look at it and he notices the samething that I did. Even when we took it off of the spool it had the same defect look out of the box. I noticed it after it kept breaking during casts. After 3 breaks, checking my rod n reel out, I found the defect to be the line.

Not for a long time but I have in the past.  Used to see little places in the line that looked like highlights where the light would catch, looked almost like the line was kinked in that place even though it was not.  I first noticed it after repeated breakoffs while fishing several years ago.  It was so bad that I switched to Stren for a long time.  Only bought one roll of Trilene since then cause they were out of Stren and I needed line.

I've used it for years without a problem. I would return it for replacement.   

It will be interesting to hear if this is a widespread problem or just bad luck on your part. :)

Had a spool this year that was bad,line looked fat then skinny at 3-5 foot intervals,thought my eyes were going bonkers and had the bud I was fishing with look at it,saw the same thing.Was felt to the touch on closer inspection.Returned it and got a new spool.Never seen that before and have been using XL for years.