Sign in to follow this  
tnbassfisher

Looking for a new setup

Next year I am wanting to upgrade from my UL creek gear up to a combo that would be more suitable for larger tackle. I was hopping that I could get some help and hear some opinions on what to buy. It will be used for pretty much all tackle applications and will probably become my go-to setup.

Thanks.

Sorry, I guess I should have been a little more specific on some things. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I also don't want to take the cheap route, and have to buy a new one by the end of the year.

I already have the gear to fish creeks, which is what I have been doing over the past few years, so I will be moving out onto larger bodies of water.

As it looks right now, I will still be shore bound with the occasional chance to get out on a boat.

Take a look at a 6'6" rod in either a M or MH power.  St Croix Mojo rods are priced right and have a ton of fans.  Make a trip to your local tackle store and give the rods a good shake.  Go with what feels comfortable.

A Shimano Citica E can be had for around $100.  I believe it has a 6.3:1 gear ratio, which should make for a great all-around reel.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to look into a few of these.